Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to do the OME kit. Is there anything I am missing at the moment.

(2) Front Springs HD OME933
(2) Rear Springs HD OME942
(2) Front Shocks N66
(2) Rear Shocks N67
(1) Steering Damper OMESD40
(1) Panhard Rod Bracket FKWTJ02
(2) Rear Bump Stop Spacers FK16

Additional Parts to order:
(2) Teraflex 3/4" Front Spring Spacers
(2) Teraflex Rear Shock Relocator Brackets
(1) Skyjacker T-case shifter bracket

Skidplate Mod:
Raised skidplate by whomever
Adjustabe UCA's
Driveshaft

Ron

·
Registered
22 Posts
PBR,

The only thing I can add to your list are adjustable track arms instead of the relo bracket. I'm running same lift as you plan but really love the JKS adjustable arms I installed prior to the lift. Alot stronger and if you go larger or need to adjust height later you can recenter the axle quickly

Dave

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave, I just looked at the price... OUCH! I think I will do the bracket for now, those in the future. I think I am going to stay low with this one. I've done the big tires, big lift, big engine, bored out of my mind on the trail because of lack of challenge period, now I want the challenge again. Besides it's nice to have a sleeper mobile.

How much height did you actually get out of you lift? I have heard 2 1/2 from a couple of people that won't give out heights numbers, and 1 1/2 from those that will give out numbers.

Ron

·
Registered
340 Posts
While not related to your lift...what about swaybar disconects?

·
Registered
454 Posts
With the OME lift and the spring spacers you MAY need a t-case drop. Will depend on your vehicle though. I would probably just put on 2 or 3 washers instead of a full fledged drop kit.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Should not need a T-Case drop with that much lift. I also see that you are going to do a Drive Shaft. I have heard of guys doing RE 3.5 lifts without any DS changes or T-Case drops and that lift nets about 4-4.5"

·
Registered
22 Posts
PBR,
I netted a little over 2" at the rear when I first installed the lift, but it settled down after the tire carrier addition. Went back and installed 2 "coil packers" (ARB terminology) which really are 3/8" coil spacers. I am now over 2" without the tire carrier, hilift and jerry can mount and it settled out at 2'' with all the above loaded.

The front however was set up with the coil packers at the get go because of the winch weight. About 2'' at the first and its settled down about an 1/8" since then.

Didn't need t-case spacers (auto trans) no vibes.

hope this helps,

Dave

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all,

Vulcan: JKS QD's already installed so I'm okay in that department. The shocks already limit the axle droop as I discovered while playing around. I can actually go about 1 1/2 inches more before the springs are unloaded 100%, so I lose a little on the Ramp. QD's are a good addition to the kit.

LILRDJP: The driveshaft will be part of the raised skidplate. That is what some of the prototypes are saying along with a set of adjustable rear UCA's to rotate the pinion up.

Dave thanks for the numbers, just what I expected so I should be good with the 3/4 spacers to handle the winch weight and a little leveling out. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts