Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running the new Falken MT's yet?

For my 37 project I don't plan on another set of MTRkz so am exploring some alternatives.

·
Administrator
10,765 Posts
I went to Nitto Trail Grapplers and the tread blocks are better at staying clean in sticky sand over MTR/Kevlar but I think the MTRs were just a little better on the rocks. When I chew this set up, I'm moving to Maxxis - probably the Trepador M8060 or the Creepy Crawler M8090. I can get the Trepador in a load range D but the Creepy Crawler is only in a LRE for the 37x17.

Falken is making big inroads in the off-road market but I've never liked the look of their tread pattern, but that was three years ago or so when I was tire shopping. They might have a more aggressive tire out now.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John. Falken has a new MT series tire that looks pretty good and gets good write ups. I'm not afraid to try something new but was hoping that there might be someone that had a set that could provide some feedback.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I have not run the MT, but I have run their all season and now I have their ATW/3 on my wife's WJ. I have been very happy - especially for the price.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't know where there MT is made, but the their WildPeak AT is made in Thailand. Rather buy something made in USA.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Definitely not a 37 but I have been more than impressed with my Cooper STTs by everything other than wanting to cup so I just rotate them every 5k with oil changes, they do well on road, clean out great in mud and have done really good for an MT in snow

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
When we were wheeling in MOAB we had a JKU along for a few trails that had a test set (37") prior to them being released. No way to know if these were the same as the actual production tires but the tread was identical. Overall, I have to say these tires performed very well on that Jeep on every obstacle we encountered. I would not be nervous to give them a try.

Now, my opinion on the AT’s is not the same.

Reactions: BobsLJ

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,993 Posts
Running 37" Trxus MTs on my TJ, love them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts