Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I really like the look of this mod......I wish I had not bought the Tera CB antenna tail light mount now!

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
I like it too. Although I've never knocked a tail light off of one of my own Jeeps, I've been with a couple of buddies who have, messed up their stock body corners as well. They replaced the tail lights with LED's and put on some Off Your Rocker corners.

Here's a shot of mine with the new Trail Corners from Poison Spyder Customs

I have since mounted my CB antenna to the stock tire carrier next to the 3rd brake light.

Thanks Ned for checking out my web page.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Theep said:
What do you do for a license plate light?
Right now there is no light on it. I suppose I could get a ticket, but most of the cops are understanding if you tell them that you are "fabbing" up a light. I've seen several at the auto parts stores, they mount with two screws and should work well enough.

This one I am looking at.

I am also going to mount a couple of back up lights in the rear bumper, flush mounted.[/img]

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Griz said:
I like it too. Although I've never knocked a tail light off of one of my own Jeeps, I've been with a couple of buddies who have, messed up their stock body corners as well. They replaced the tail lights with LED's and put on some Off Your Rocker corners.

Here's a shot of mine with the new Trail Corners from Poison Spyder Customs

I have since mounted my CB antenna to the stock tire carrier next to the 3rd brake light.

Thanks Ned for checking out my web page.
looks great!!!!!!
how did you cope with all the emmision stuff on the pass side ?????
i opened mine up and barley have 1/2'' of clear space.
how thick are those LED`s?
thanks
mac

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
screw the license plate light, what do you do for backup lights?

·
Registered
499 Posts
On our YJ we mounted an IPF reversing light/spott light. It has an in cab switch which allows the light to be off all the time, on all the time, or on only when in reverse. Works great. Considering doing the same mod to the Rubi but just can't bring myself to cutting up a new unpaid for Jeep.
Anybody know the legalities of running without rear side marker lights? The stock tail lights encorpoate them into their sides.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
News flash...

Seems the good folks from ORO frequent this site! Currenly in the works is possibly a LED tail light, with reverse light all mounted in the stock box (ie no cutting). Stay tuned!

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Ned said:
News flash...

Seems the good folks from ORO frequent this site! Currenly in the works is possibly a LED tail light, with reverse light all mounted in the stock box (ie no cutting). Stay tuned!
i would be up for that.....count me in!
:wink:

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Sound good, however I like the idea of having them flush so they can't get trashed by a tree or rock as easily. Decisions Decisions. :dogpee:

·
Registered
561 Posts

I too have the PSC corners. The grote LED's I used were VERY thin. JUST FIT!

·
Registered
561 Posts

I too have the PSC corners. The grote LED's I used were VERY thin. JUST FIT! BTW did the flasher mod as well...simple and effective!

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
How well do those PSC corners protect? That is one of the few weak lower areas that I have left.
Was thinking of relocating my tail lights to my trailer as I smashed one up last weekend. Would provide for a good opportunity to upgrade to the LEDs.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
The LED lights are a one piece unit, they are very thin. And yes the emissions stuff on the right side make it a pain in the but if you use screws. I would suggest using the lights that mount using a rubber gromet.

The corners are tough, they will withstand a significant impact. Most guys put the corners on after the fact. Although I have never smacked a corner in 30+ years of wheeling, I like the looks and the protection they provide.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts