Rubicon Owners Forum banner

LED head & tail lights for TJ

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Elwarpo 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 TJ Rubicon. I want to replace head & tail lights it’s LED’s. There’s a lot of product out there. Cost is not an option. I prefer “plug & play” vs having to do wiring. I don’t mind an adapter. Any suggestions ?

JC

#3 ·
What @BobLJ said or look at the quadratec LED head lights. That's what I run and they have worked great so far. They are so bright that my fog lights are worthless now. I also run the Savvy rear tails light and love them. You can see pictures of each in my build thread.

When replacing the rear you'll need to replace or modify the flasher relay that is located inside the jeep behind the steering wheel. You can buy a new one or modify your existing one. There are plenty of write ups about it on the web just google search it. Be sure to post photos, we like pic haha.

#6 ·
Not sure where you live or drive your Jeep but if it's really cold and snows you might want to think about headlights that heat. I traveled up north for a family visit in a snow storm and I had to keep pulling over to clean my headlights off. Or should I say my wifey had to keep jumping out, she was not happy.

#8 ·
for the tail lights, replace the standard turn signal module to one for leds and you will avoid the fast flash issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.