Rubicon Owners Forum banner

KM2's on backorder

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  sleepsontoilet 
#1 ·
I was going to cert my tires, and glad I waited to accidentally knock a hole in them. Discount tire is saying the 37x12.50/17 is on national back order with no known production date. Hoping they can find a store somewhere with some just in case i lose a tire.

#4 ·
Steve578 said:
I had mine replaced. I was told that BFG wouldn't start producing more until sometime in October. They were able to find me some at another store.
They're emailing Lubbock and Tyler to see if they are holding the 4 they have for a customer, otherwise there are none in Texas. They spoke with a lady at BFG and she said no known build date as of today. Asked him if I could just cert for some radial pit bull rockers. Might magically have 5 bad tires, haha. He said no... :(

I've just about broke 50k on them, and am around 1/4" tread left. Got some fall runs coming up and don't want to be the guy down with bad tires. They've done great on the highway, but I still miss my Iroks.

Jimmy, it still sounds funny hearing you say you have a job. hahaha :D :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

#5 ·
yea i know...don't worry we're almost done with it lol. as for the tires, if they don't have the ones you have certs for then they have to replace them with something equal...if there is a price difference then you pay that. it's how i was goin to upgrade the meats on mine since they don't make the same exact size anymore.

#6 ·
I have been looking for some new tires for the truck for quite some time (same size). 37s sure have gone up in cost and down in availability. I hate to think that I will need to pay over 100 per tire more than I paid for my last 37s.

I use the discount tire availability on the web site. There are some close to me, but I "don't" need them for another 6 or more months. I hope.

Also hoping prices will come down. The October production run sounds promising. Maybe prices will drop, LOL.

#8 ·
inline6 said:
I have been looking for some new tires for the truck for quite some time (same size). 37s sure have gone up in cost and down in availability. I hate to think that I will need to pay over 100 per tire more than I paid for my last 37s.

I use the discount tire availability on the web site. There are some close to me, but I "don't" need them for another 6 or more months. I hope.

Also hoping prices will come down. The October production run sounds promising. Maybe prices will drop, LOL.
I know bud. I paid $1250 for 5 37x12.50/17 KM2's in October, with certs. They are now $385 a tire per discount. Thats insane. My last cert they had a stack at the warehouse. Now theyre not being made. Curious what the story on that is. Why quit producing the KM, then stop production of the KM2.

Red Dog Leader said:
Call Brandon in Clovis, NM at Discount there and ask him. He takes care of me and everyone I send to him. Tell him Jeremy Branson told you to call. He'll cut you a sweet deal and have them sent to whatever Discount Tire you want.
Thanks bud.

#9 ·
Just some venting. I could of bought old style MTRs for 150 each, brand new. Didn't.

Then could of bought them for 200 each.

Arugh

It may get better, LOL

#11 ·
Discount said they can't get them from anywhere. So I have the option to buy a different tire to try out before the others go bad. So I ordered a pair of 37x12.50/17 Pitbull Rockers. If I like them two more will "accidentally" get holes in them as well. Should be the weekend before they come in.

#13 ·
the pitbulls are a bad ass tire the only thing i didn't like about them is they where very small for a 37
just so you don't think I'm crazy here is my bias 37/13.5 /15 pit next to a 37/12.5/15 mtr both dismounted . they where barley over 34" when mounted with 35 psi i hear the 35" pits are bigger than the 37's, any way I sold em and got the creepies instead they where more true to size which to me mattered alot

Attachments

#14 ·
I'm aware of them running small Murphy. Problem is they weren't my first choice. The nitto mud grappler and toyo mt are on national back order too. It was pretty much these or nitto terra grapplers. For some reason I couldn't get ss iroks. I'm hoping they last another year till I can go tons and 4D's. I'm not going to complain at $67 a tire though. I'm sure I can sell them half worn and turn a profit.

#17 ·
JimmyB said:
they won't sell to discount????? that makes no sense to reject sales in any economy much less this one lol.
Blows me away. But that's exactly what he said. They asked where it was being shipped to. When he replied discount tire, they said they don't sell to discount tire co. And the Nitto's are back ordered. But luckily enough they found my tires, so all is well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.