Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very easy trail, but very scenic.

obligatory shot of the trail dog. even seasoned mountain dogs start to huff and puff and this altitude

when you reach the peak, there is a large mound of rocks that people have shaped into an observation point. it over looks other nearby trails and some alpine lakes. you can see loch lomond trail about 1000 feet below, still blocked by snow. there is also a guestbook to sign.

apparently the pika (chipmunks) are quite handy when it comes to woodworking as well as having computer skills. not only has be built himself a spot to get food and water from travelers, but you can get email from him by signing the guestbook.

people leave messages, trinkets and such at the peak too

loch lomond from observation point, created from snowpack runoff

the money shot

not a bad way to spend a saturday.

G

·
0 Posts
Wow, that view, almost made me pack up and head for Colorado. Then I rememberd what that white stuff was... :lol: I'll remember to bring a rock from Florida (if I can find one) next time I'm up that way.

Ron

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Damn I miss the Rockies.....I spent most of my life looking at the same scenery every weekend in Alberta and BC. I can't wait to get back there next year for a visit....Thanks for the memories and the beautiful pix Mike...You have made the best part of my day.. :D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LILRDJP said:
Damn I miss the Rockies.....I spent most of my life looking at the same scenery every weekend in Alberta and BC. I can't wait to get back there next year for a visit....Thanks for the memories and the beautiful pix Mike...You have made the best part of my day.. :D
well since thats the nicest compliment i've gotten in a while, here is an encore of a few i took last summer. no rubi, but the same great scenery.

the end of sante fe peak trail, there is a huge network of trails in this area including the famed red cone and radical hill. a great day up here, the trail dog spent the day chasing mountain critters around while i plopped down and read a book.

the end of the pomeroy lakes trail. you start out in a ghost town (st. elmo) and pass abandoned mines along the way. when you hit this place, you have total solitude.

last one, mt. antero. also shows what i traded in for the rubi - a 2002 land rover discovery. biggest POS i have ever owned.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

Is that a wiemy....What a beautiful Dog....

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yup, a weimaraner! his name is keystone (after the ski resort). man they grow up so fast. it seems like yesterday i took him on his frst trail ride as a pup....and he got motion sick from the vehicle rocking and puked in my backseat within in the first mile and a half...sniff sniff

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Mike Holmes said:
yup, a weimaraner! his name is keystone (after the ski resort). man they grow up so fast. it seems like yesterday i took him on his frst trail ride as a pup....and he got motion sick from the vehicle rocking and puked in my backseat within in the first mile and a half...sniff sniff
Damn Mike you are awesome. You have provided me with amazing memories and you have the dog of my deams...Now I just need house with a big yard so I can get one. Getting a wiemy up here is harder then adopting a child. The background investigation that the Wiemy association does is very picky.

Thanks again Mike.. :D

Sean

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hey Mike I don't know if you have seen this before but it may interest you or any other dog owner that takes his best friend on the trail.....

http://www.muttslinger.com/index.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts