1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here it is!!! Only took the entire afternoon to complete... :laugh:

My "inspiration" picture:

OK now, lets see everyone elses Jeep Pumpkins! :D

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
That is friggin awesome!! Any tips? tools used? did you sketch it and transpose it?

·
Registered
904 Posts
That is the coolest thing I've seen this month. 8)

I did the side profile of a Jeep on a pumpkin couple years ago....damn roll bar killed it :oops:

Great stuff. 8)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RuBob said:
That is friggin awesome!! Any tips? tools used? did you sketch it and transpose it?
I took the picture on photoshop, cropped it, highlighted the edges and printed it out. Then I traced it with a pencil simplifying it as much as I could and used a photocopier to increase the size to fill a 11x17 sheet of paper. Then I went looking for a pumpkin that was suitable. (I found this one at a local church that was selling them.) After that I used a awe to trace my sketch into the pumpkin via many dots. I then connected the dots with a water soluble pen. Then using a razer knife, screw driver, and two thin blade serrated pumpkin knives and some imagination I did the rest. :D I got the pumpkin knives at Wallgreens (local drug store) for like 4 bucks. Everything else came out of my toolbox in the garage. Parts of it are scraped and parts are cut all the way through.

I probably have 5-6 hours in it total.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nice Job!

·
Registered
555 Posts
That is very cool! Nice Job!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Awesome pumpkin!!!

·
10,146 Posts
Hmmm..... :lildevil:

Wife already told me no Jeep on the pumpkin... Guess I'll just have to do a scary one.

Ron

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,275 Posts
I am jealous, now I will have to try to beat it :laugh: :rotflmao:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts