Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on another board I came across where they had a stickied thread listing potential jobs as well as posts from readers with brief summaries of their qualifications and what they were currently looking for. Many different career fields were represented, and there seemed to be some success connecting people with leads. I figure with the job market the way it is, maybe we all could use a little help, if not just some inspiration to get something going again.

I imagine the demographic of Rubicon owners on the site could benefit from something like this. What do you guys think?

Here's a link to the thread for reference (don't have to register to view): http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?s=04775d52b5591027100d786b32e5d291&t=27744

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
Ben...
good idea..

if there is enough interest we can start a new posting with members
posting jobs / qualifications / locations

:wink:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Martha, no one is foolish enough to hire you. You'd spend all day on rof and they'd never get any work out of you.

My job did hire alot, especially industry wide. But the economy has gone kaput so bad no ones willing to hire. Hopefully soon so I can help someone out

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
You have to wear a skirt, well nevermind. :D

They are hiring i think on the inspection side. Basically gauge to see how much product is in a barge.

Don't be hating on the iPhone. TO be the best you have to copy the best. Don has one, and soon my heep will match his, haha.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
The Company I work for is looking for a mechanical engineer as welll as structural engineer preferably someone with enough time to have their P.Eng.

Only stipulation is no one trick ponies we have already gone through three of those, personally as a welding inspector and welding technology graduate there is nothing I find more disturbing when I have to explain to an engineer how to solve a problem based on first principles or when I have to do their job and give them the answer so I can get the engineering drawings finished.

Other than that it is a very nice company and the office has a pond and tropical forest...keep thinking I should stock the pond for a little lunch time fishing.

For the engineers a back ground or certification as a welding engineer gets first consideration.
Currently we serve customers in North Dakota and Michigan so there may be some travel south of the border and from southern Ontario to Alberta and the Northwest Teritories.

john

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Not sure if this will help, but there are a lot of Jobs here in Afghanistan. Here are a couple of useful links...

http://www.fluor.com/CAREERS/Pages/default.aspx

Here is a little info from their website....

Fluor’s list of LOGCAP work opportunities includes many support roles such as construction jobs, construction engineers and superintendents, project controls, project managers, quality, site managers, HSE managers, logistics support, supply assignments, security jobs, firefighting opportunities, laundry service, food services support, water works, vector control sanitation jobs, billeting positions, maintenance jobs, and power generation support. We provide the Army with the logistical support it needs, so that soldiers can focus on the mission at hand.

Here is just the LOGCAP IV jobs listings...
http://www.fluor.com/careers/professional/Pages/logcap_iv_opportunities_search.aspx

You can also try ITT Systems website.

http://www.ittsystems.com/careers/default.html

All the jobs are in a war zone, and the living conditions suck, but you get paid every two weeks and you get vacation every 90 days. Contrary to popular belief it is a contract, but you can leave whenever you want with no penalties, besides paying for your own plane ticket and forfeiting any sign on bonuses that you may receive. Hope that the infor is useful.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
My neighbor is a director for L3Comm. He is constatnly complaining about not being able to find enough project managers. The company is growing like crazy and the overtime is driving him nuts. I keep reminding him I am RETIRED and am NOT looking for a job.
Try a Google for L3. The listings are on thier e-sites.
Good Luck. :)

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
L3 Communications... If I was still in the tech field I'd be all over that lead.
Cool high-tech gizmos at a large and growing company.

Also, if I was single, I'd look into the post just above that about contract work in Afghanistan.
You know it would be an experience of a lifetime - Afghanistan is so exotic and beautiful -
and you would get an education like none other without any crippling student loan payments!

If anyone lives in central Minnesota or western Wisconsin and would be interested in
seasonal natural resource management or park reserve maintenance work, PM me
and I can look into it.

It's getting late for the summer season but there are periodic openings from week to
week as people come and go throughout the park district.
I am in the forestry department where I believe we have a full compliment of seasonal
employees at the moment, but that can change.

I know there will be many openings for the winter season, not only at the ski hills,
but also at other parks that offer various winter recreation activities.

http://www.threeriversparks.org/

1 - 20 of 51 Posts