Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,369 Posts
and yet another reason I am not warming up to the JL platform.... I do not think I have ever had an issue or been so hesitant to "like" a jeep model before, but for some reason this JL is already a black sheep in my mind. I guess it is all these rumors (true or not) about the funky stuff Fiat wants to do with jeep, like independent suspension. But hey.... diesel and a truck.... that is a win (well sort of).

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Just like even Honda and Toyota, there are recalls. There is an open recall right now affect a limited number of JLs for weld issues. But if you read JLwrangler forum, you might think the sky is falling.

As you guys probably know, those bitching about something using much louder on the average forum than happy owners do. Couple that with lots of first time owners who have never driven a vehicle with a straight axle and you have the perfect storm for complaints.

My JL Sport is the best of the 12 that I've owned. It drives better, is quieter, has more power, and seems to be built better than any I've owned.

Is it perfect .....nope. When new it was really a handful to drive. I reset the tire pressure from 42 to 35 psi. Problem solved. Now it has a squeak in the armrest. Wonder if I can Lemon Law it for that? LOL!

They are not perfect, but if you're looking to buy, do not be afraid. Use the same process you would use for ANY new vehicle and enjoy the one you buy.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hutchman you are right. Some of the problem is the demographic that buys Jeeps now.

Even a JL is a box with a straight axle. The top will leak and it will require more maintenance than the average vehicle. You cannot compare it to one of the current sport utility's or a Quad cab truck.
When you surf the forums you see angry people that have bought JL's to replace their Audi's. Most of them have made the wrong choice in a attempt to be cool.

1800 Wranglers recalled, estimated four percent will need repair, that's 720 vehicles that have faulty welds, in the trac bar support. I am a little biased but I think FCA lately has been pro active and recalling a lot more than other manufactures would.

·
10,121 Posts
I only know of one that has actually snapped off, and it happened off road with 37's, so a lot more stress. The number is minute compared to how many were built the first year. Still a problem, but it's being addressed fairly quickly by FCA. How many recalls did the JK's have for stuff. Lots...

Ron

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anybody considering a new vehicle that see's the negative reports should stop and do their own research. The first week of my JLR's ownership I joined a small group of JL owners for a 3 day trip into the most remote sections of Death Valley. Entered D.V. with less than 500 miles, I'm back home with just over 1,000 and 200+ was in D.V.'s back county unpaved roads. All the JLR's were flawless the whole trip and a very pleasant experience. I will tell anyone on the fence, these new Jeeps are a beautiful thing. Get one!

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Hopefully all those previous Audi, Beemer, Lexus, and Tesla owners will be so disgusted with their new JLR's that they'll be selling them cheap! I'm in, I'll take one in Mojito Green!
:grin2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts