Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The Dynatrac pads have to be the same size as they go in the same caliber. The caliper and pads mounted fit into the new bracket.
I am not sure who makes the Dynatrac pads. The front pads look pretty aggressive. I also have heard about the Black Magic pads creating lots of dust. And I have heard if you don't follow the break in of them they don't work as well. It's sort of hard to do a break in like that when you live in the middle of a city.
I'm on of those guys that follow instructions and faithfully did the break in procedure. I did get that panic brake situation and the dynatrac did as advertised. Kind of nice feeling that I did an upgrade that works well:)

·
Premium Member
6,123 Posts
I'm on of those guys that follow instructions and faithfully did the break in procedure. I did get that panic brake situation and the dynatrac did as advertised. Kind of nice feeling that I did an upgrade that works well:)

Yes even with my crappy master cylinder noticed a day and night difference. I wager it'll tow behind my Motor home better as well.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes even with my crappy master cylinder noticed a day and night difference. I wager it'll tow behind my Motor home better as well.
Finally got my Blue Ox tow bar set up to my Jeep AEV bumper thanks to my fabricator/welder neighbor, paid very well I might add! He is a real pro so don't mind the cost for a local. Took the RV out with the Jeep in tow sporting the new dynatrac big kit and actuated with our new RVibrake3 brake system. And your right Bob, the Jeep brakes stop the RV and the Jeep easily. Now I got a very safe and solid setup.

We are please with the test ride and will get the big test this fall when we head on down to Death Valley for Cal4Wheel Panimint Valley Days coinciding with our Jeep club run for 10 days of Jeeping:)

Boon-docking, Alabama hills on the way to Panamint Valley for a Jeep run back in the days when I towed the TJ with no brake assist! MountWhitney in the background.

·
3,492 Posts
We made Panamint with Cal4wheel last year and the weather was great. Glad to hear the tow set up is working out great.

·
Premium Member
6,123 Posts
Finally got my Blue Ox tow bar set up to my Jeep AEV bumper thanks to my fabricator/welder neighbor, paid very well I might add! He is a real pro so don't mind the cost for a local. Took the RV out with the Jeep in tow sporting the new dynatrac big kit and actuated with our new RVibrake3 brake system. And your right Bob, the Jeep brakes stop the RV and the Jeep easily. Now I got a very safe and solid setup.

We are please with the test ride and will get the big test this fall when we head on down to Death Valley for Cal4Wheel Panimint Valley Days coinciding with our Jeep club run for 10 days of Jeeping:)

Boon-docking, Alabama hills on the way to Panamint Valley for a Jeep run back in the days when I towed the TJ with no brake assist! MountWhitney in the background.
Finally got my Blue Ox tow bar set up to my Jeep AEV bumper thanks to my fabricator/welder neighbor.
You got a picture of what was made? You going to the tow tabs? I use the RockHard bumper on my JKUR, RockHard are RV people so all their bumpers are tow ready. But I am trying to build some sort of adapter so I can hook my NSA ReadyBrute tow bar to my sons LJ which has a Rokmen bumper. NSA can build an aluminum adapter for a hefty price. I think I can build something out of steel a lot cheaper. I am pretty sure the NSA is a Blue Ox type deal.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
You got a picture of what was made? You going to the tow tabs? I use the RockHard bumper on my JKUR, RockHard are RV people so all their bumpers are tow ready. But I am trying to build some sort of adapter so I can hook my NSA ReadyBrute tow bar to my sons LJ which has a Rokmen bumper. NSA can build an aluminum adapter for a hefty price. I think I can build something out of steel a lot cheaper. I am pretty sure the NSA is a Blue Ox type deal.
Bob, I have pics of my tow bar clamp setup and can't find them at the moment:(

Here is a shot of my buddies AEV Jeep tow clamp set up. I did something similar. The AEV bumper D ring tabs will bend in a panic breaking situation and the fix is to sandwich the D ring tab with 1/2 inch tabs and add a cross bar to then inside tabs. I will post up some more pics when I find them.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts