Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How have you folks dealt with the brakelines that are attached to the factory UCA's when replacing with after market Adjustable UCA's (JKS)?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
Carefully removed the mounting brackets from the brake lines and emergency brake cable, put Duck tape around the CA where I attached, and tie-wrapped them on.

I used a Dremel cutting disc to remove the brackets I couldn't bend off - used a pair of Vise grips on one end and Cresent wrench on the other.

The lines don't seem to move much after a wheeling trip and the tie-wraps are easy to remove if needed.

I tie-wrapped alot of the hoses and cables after crawling under the frame and seeing they might get caught in brush when off-road. I'm sure my solution isn't the most elegant, but it seems to work.

Have a great day, PJ

Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ken

I guess I'm not that weird :)) I was laying under the JP last night just appreciating the thing and I realized that even though there are several thousands of dollars of high tech and highly engineered items it all comes together because of duct tape and wire/plastic wraps. Then this morning I decided to ask my question because it just seemed too odd to me. Guess it's the norm, Hmmm, maybe a bracket and holder system would be profitable. It must be the full moon but it's hard to believe that everything comes down to tape and wraps.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,745 Posts
PJ:

On my rear JKS UCAs I simply set the bracket/hose against the JKS arm and used a hose clamp to secure the lines to the arm.

Jerry
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top