Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought some JKS front shock adaptors and going to buy some front shocks. These adaptors are the ones that convert the stud-type top of shock to the eye version. I have 4" lift and wondering what size length I should order
Thanks,
Brett

·
Registered
645 Posts
w. brett rhodes said:
I've bought some JKS front shock adaptors and going to buy some front shocks. These adaptors are the ones that convert the stud-type top of shock to the eye version. I have 4" lift and wondering what size length I should order
Thanks,
Brett
I would get the bilstiein 5100 shock for a 4 inch lift on a tj. They will be perfect for your jeep. They are great both on and off road.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Kind of depends on the springs and the ride you are looking for. A good shock with an adjustable ride is the Rancho RS9000....

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
w. brett rhodes said:
Thanks,
Brett
I wouldn't get shocks for a 4" lift if using those adapters. The shocks will bottom out before they hit the bumps. Ask me how i know, and I'm running 2" bump spacers. The adapters eat up about 1.25" of usable up travel, so you should get the shocks to fit a 3" lift, not 4".

·
Registered
349 Posts
SRG said:
w. brett rhodes said:
Thanks,
Brett
I wouldn't get shocks for a 4" lift if using those adapters. The shocks will bottom out before they hit the bumps. Ask me how i know, and I'm running 2" bump spacers. The adapters eat up about 1.25" of usable up travel, so you should get the shocks to fit a 3" lift, not 4".
I bought the same setup 4" 5100 Bilsteins, but have not installed them yet?
So your saying I should had bought 3" lift shocks? Do you have any pictures of the Setup?
I might have some questions when I install them in a couple of weeks?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts