Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a weird one and now I'm going to have to remove them before i take it into service but first I would like to know how many have had this problem.

Installed a 2" teraflex budget boost and tehn JKS discos.
The BB seems to be fine all measured out correctly same size etc.

The discos I installed (on a level floor) I did pretty much like the instructions said. I measured them both out and having the sway bar @ 0-20 degrees I did it at 0 degrees got the passengers side done went pretty good then came time for the drivers side. When I did the drivers side there is approx. 1.5"s difference in length (longer) than the passengers side. what's even weirder is when I put in teh storage pins. I did the pass. side (had the disco connected to the storage pin) then went over to the driver side and marked, drilled etc. for that storage pin. So I've got 2 problems.

1. with the pass side connected the drivers side is 1.5" too long and vice versa.
1 when I put the disco on the storage pin it is 1.5" too long and vice versa.

So the only thing i can think of is:
1. adjust the 2 discos pass side 3/4" longer and shorten up the drivers side.
2. put the stock one back in and see if there is a difference and i fthere is call and set up appt. with dealer.

Right now just looking at the sway bar the pass side is 0 degree and drivers is up higher. Hmmmm maybe sway bar is tweaked??

any help would be great, I know there are a ton of you that have the discos.

BTW while the springs we're out i measured them too I'm kind of extra protective when i do things.

Mo

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
mo:

Here's a few questions for you:

1) Is the Jeep level?
2) Did you diconnect the sway bar and bounce the Jeep a few time to make sure everything is settled out?
3) Is your sway bar centered? If not, disconnect it and smack it with a BFH to get it centered. Then adjust your disco lengths.

Measure from the frame to the floor on both sides of the Jeep. Make sure you pick the same reference point on both sides. You should get the same dimension.

Right now just looking at the sway bar the pass side is 0 degree and drivers is up higher. Hmmmm maybe sway bar is tweaked??
Sounds like it is if everything else checks out... That would explain what you're seeing, although I've never seen a bent sway bar before.

I think it's off center, and you didn't notice it.

Jerry

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL I'll tell you the extent i took it through.

1. leveled out the JP with a level even from side to side and front to back plus checked it out on the bumper just to make sure I wasn't leveling out just from the bumper and the rest of the jp tweaked.

2. Sway bar is centered that I fixed when I noticed the rubbing on the frame.

3. I didn't bounce up and down on it, but did take it down 15 miles of the bumpiest road (gawd I hate that road) and tried to hook em back up on some level ground and was still too long. But the ground could of been uneven.

So now I'm going to go back out and re-check everything on level ground,JP level and so on to make sure nothing is tweaked. I did however have to hit the lower bracket on the pass. side so the friggin disco would even go on. but I used care in doing so so it wouldn't go any direction but left to right.

Thanks,

Mo

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Is the floor level...When you are disconnected the Body can be level and the Axle not. Get the two disconnects the same lenght connect one and then have someone push down on the high side and connect the other one. Take it for a rip and then disconnect. See if that settles everything. Use the weight of the JP to fix this...Hopefully.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts