Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get some disconnects and would like the JKS's.. I was wondering with my setup if I would need the 2.5-6 inch ones?? I think I remember reading somewhere that the Rubis where a 1/2 taller than the regular TJ's due to taller spring spacers.. This way I'm hoping when I get a larger lift I wont have to re-buy the disconnects.. See sig for setup!!
Thanx Chaz

G

·
0 Posts
Chaz - I've run both of JKS's QD's on the Rubi. The 0-2.5" with my OME kit and the 2.5-6" on my RE. I discovered that the 0-2.5 extended for my OME kit was 8", and that the 2.5-6" compressed was 8". I checked the literature/ instructions that JKS sent with them, and it doesn't mention minimum compressed distance, just maximum extended length. Take a measure of the distance from the center of where your link bolts into the axle to the top of the anti-sway bar mount point with the bar horizontal.

If this is 8" or greater (9" being about perfect) you will be able to use the longer JKS QD's. This may give you a slight up angle on the Anti-sway bar. But you have about 20 degrees either way from horizontal with ideal being +13 to -3 degrees.

Ron

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey, I remember this discussion. your going with 2"BB right? I've got the 2"BB and I could of went with the longer discos. Like Ron said above it'll make your sway bar a tad higher and etc. But it will be within reasonable spec according to JKS inst. paper :) if ya get the longer ones and they don't work let me know and I'll trade yas cuz I have the shorter ones.

PS they've only been on for a week so far so you can have yours on fer a week and we'll be even on the use LOL

Mo

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx Guys!! LOL Rubicon It!!!!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got em in!!!!! I like these things except the pass side is a little hard to get on and off dur to the track bar mount (I think its the track bar mount it was kinda dark and the batteries on the flash light where really low will check in the morning..

Thanx for the help
Chaz

·
Registered
147 Posts
Make sure your on a level surface when you adjust them. Don't forget the drivers side might be about 1\2" longer. If you notice when you took the stock ones off the drivers side was bout 1/2" longer than the pass. side(mine was anyways) Put a lil bit of grease on the lower disconnect stud it'll help gettin em on easier. Might want to get 2 clamps for the swaybar so it won't move too. It kind of sucks movin the swaybar back and forth while re-hooking up the discos.

Mo

·
Registered
147 Posts
Oh yeah I have to say thanks to Ron too, he's the one that suggested putting some grease on the lower disco pin. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts