Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed JKS swaybar disconnects. So had to go and try them out today. Went to St. Joe's State Park just outside of Farmington Missouri. It's a lot of compact sand, water and some mud with a few steep rocky trails.
Ran around first with the swaybar connected. Bounced around a lot. Disconnected the swaybar, much nicer. Even dropped one wheel into a gully just to see it drop.
Now here's the interesting part. After disconnecting the sway bar the tires will just touch the sway bar at the steering lock. It's not much but you hear it. It doesn't touch with them connected. The sway bar seems to be pretty much at the same place with the disconnects in the storage position. Does the increase flex result in that much change in the steering? Or should I move the storage pins so that the swaybar is further up and out of the way. Or should I adjust the steering stop.

The flag is to keep the ATVs from coming over a hill and hitting you.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had that exact problem too. The dealer installed the pin for holding the sway bar out of the way too low and forward. Because of that the wheel would rub and I lost turning radius. I recently moved the pin further towards the firewall which pushes the sway bar up and out of the way. Problem solved.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Triversnnn

WHat springs do you run on that OME lift? Do you like it or have suggestions?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have the HD springs and have no heavy accessories (except for a new front bumper). I really like the ride with these springs, way better than stock. You feel much more planted and in control. Even with the lift the vehicle steers and handles better. The extra weight of the tires/wheels needs a little gettting used to with respect to braking but other than that, this system is highly recommended by me.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the response. It's much appreciated and I'll get mine installed in a couple of weeks. P

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had to remove my storage pins also (what was left of them) because of that reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts