·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Drivers side

Drivers side

Pass. side

Pass. side

Notice how the difference is on the angle of the discos from the drivers and pass. side? (drivers side being worse) This is the problem I'm having now. The two other pics are just to show that the sway bar is even. So my guess would be something wrong with where the pins are located for the bottom of the discos to connect. This has been the most frustrating thing I've come across so far. I'm thinkin it's time for the dealer to finger it out as I'm gettin tired of it.. Oh yeah getting back to this, the jeep is level too so the angle has me wondering WTF could be wrong. To refresh everyone there is just a 2"BB but I know that doesn't have anything to do with it, Just teh friggin angle of the drivers side JKS oh before i forget I'll check to make sure I have the right JKS discos PT# JM 2000.

Thanks all,

Mo

·
Registered
556 Posts
Pics are kinda small. I take it the Jeep itself is level and you are on level surface. The sway bar is not bent further on the drivers side than passenger is it? When I put my Teras on the lower mount was bent out towards the tire not allowing the disco to slide on so I BFH it and leveled it out and all seems fine. The angle is a bit different for both but acceptable for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mo. How did you even get a digital camera to take a picture that small??
Its smaller than your avatar. :x I have a 21" monitor, and still I can
just barely tell that you have taken pictures of the front end of a JP. I
don't want to go on a rant here, but I wouldn't have deduced that without
reading your comments, which lead me to believe it was the disconnects
you were talking about. Humongous (sp?), pics would be better for the
jerkin discussion. Is that a technical term?

Anyway, the 2000 is the right part number for your application. This is
just me, but if the factory somehow placed the mounts for my front end
components on my JP, I would probably just adjust one of the two sides
of the disco's to be longer than the other, and live with it. No lost sleep.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bilbo, LOL I used the same camera I use when I do colonoscopi (sp) I brought out the bigger camera just for you. They should fit on your 21" Monitor now, sorry I'm still in the stoneage and using a 12" monitor.

Digdug, only thing bent on the sway bar is up and down (1/2) and not left-right. I just think it's weird that the JKS on the drivers side is an inch out of whack.

Mo

·
Registered
556 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that maybe your bottom mounts are out of line or one sits further to the outside of the Jeep than the other. Take a measurement from the inner wall of one tire to the the lower sway bolt and then do the other side. If that is off you may have found your problem!

G

·
0 Posts
Mo, it looks like your axle is off center? My JKS angle out, but not at the angle your DS is. This would give you a little difference in length, but not what you are describing. Can you check axle position and also measure from ground to pins on either side.

Ron

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ron, From the ground to the the pins they are the same length on both sides. I did do a quick check from the frame to the inside of the tires on both sides and found that the pass side is 1/2" farther away from teh frame than the drivers side. If it's off center HTF can I put it back? or should I have the dealer do it? I'm dealing with the dealer and of course DC doesn't know anything but, Sir, if you modify the vehicle it won't be covered under warranty, So my reply was "how about if I take my JP in for 3 times cuz ya can't fix it then lemon law it.) LOL they say you have to do what you have to do LMFAO figures..

Mo

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright I think I can close this one out. I went out and did some measuring and everything is straight and aligned so after vivisited the dealer and looked at a couple of rubis I noticed that the sway bar is closer to the frame on the pass. side and farther away on teh drivers side so I guess I'll just move the sway bar over until I get teh c-clamps in and keep it that way. the dealer has no idea and waiting on call back from the star place for DC. btw Ron, I saw ya said sumtin bout greasin up the pins, I did it and it's a tad easier so now no BFH. On another note I swear when they built this JP of mine they didn't put much grease in the joints, Kind of scared me when all sudden a *poof* of dust came out on almost all the greaseable joints.

Big Hearty THANK YOU for those that helped Much appreciated,

Mo

·
Registered
454 Posts
Isn't that part of the PDI? It seems that that would be more the fault of the dealership rather than DC.

G

·
0 Posts
I would say adjustable front track bar to center up the axle is probably the best way to go. Amazing how QA is lacking at times, but then again would most people have noticed these things. Heck we're out there with levels and tape measures comparing vehicles from all over the US, Canada and Mexico. Not exactly what DC would want us to do.

Ron

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll have to get one when I get my own thing going, LOL I figure i gotta spend the $$ sometime so might as well be now. Again Ron, since i lubed up the pins it's been easier to put em on nn take em off. First time for discos for me and sheesh why didn't you, mac or jerry tell me to get em a looooong time ago? LOL took it out for some trail riding and sheesh if it made sense I would do the rears too, but i won't. Now I can't wait for air so I can even have better ride (i hope).

Mo

G

·
0 Posts
Mo, because it is good to learn to wheel it stock and then change things. Disco's are great. Enjoy yourself, but remember they can still get you in trouble, so take it easy. Lube is great when used on the right things. :roll:

Ron

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh YEAH, I can see how they can turn on ya in an instant. Now I have to in a sense start wheeling all over again, trying to get the feeling and new limits in order. LOL maybe ya guys didn't tell me cuz I never asked ... just a thought there. Real difference I can tell so far is one is lil more flex and the biggest is having one side higer than the other (pass and driver) lot more sway. I hope other see this cuz it might help them too :)

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Rubicon it said:
I'll have to get one when I get my own thing going, LOL I figure i gotta spend the $$ sometime so might as well be now. Again Ron, since i lubed up the pins it's been easier to put em on nn take em off. First time for discos for me and sheesh why didn't you, mac or jerry tell me to get em a looooong time ago? LOL took it out for some trail riding and sheesh if it made sense I would do the rears too, but i won't. Now I can't wait for air so I can even have better ride (i hope).

Mo
low air in tires + disco`s....
will be a whole new world for ya.
gladd it all worked out.
mac

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
PBR Stitch said:
Mo, because it is good to learn to wheel it stock and then change things. Disco's are great. Enjoy yourself, but remember they can still get you in trouble, so take it easy. Lube is great when used on the right things. :roll:

Ron
:rofl:
lube crack! :lolbonk:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts