Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting the build on our new JKUR, object will be to end up with a very capable vehicle that is still very comfortable on the highway. I want to keep it light, no sense starting with a 3 inch lift and weighing it way down with unnecessary equipment. So, after much web research I ordered a RockHard aluminum rear bumper. Not the cheapest, but made in the USA and has wrap-a-round coverage for the tub. It arrived very well packaged!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Began by unpacking the bumper, no nicks or scratches to be found. The stock "bumper" is only a plastic fascia and comes off quite easily. The only part remotely difficult was the L shaped brackets extending upward, but by pulling back on the fascia after the other bolts are removed you can gain access to them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stock tow-hook is firmly attached to the frame and must be removed, I had to use my impact wrench for these bolts, they were tight. The new bumper is pretty darned light, it was easy to lift it into position by myself and attach it with the original hardware.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The powder coating on this unit was flawless, and I really liked the way it wrapped the rear corner. Many of the available bumpers don't offer this. Also the weld quality looks good, aluminum is not the easiest material to get a good weld on. Still gathering items for the build list, guess I need a ProCal to get rid of the annoying TPMS light, leaning strongly towards a Metal Cloak 2.5 lift and looking for 295/70 R 17 tires that are nor load range E's.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way, if anyone needs a stock rear bumper fascia or a stock rear tow hook pm me!:grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot to mention that a spare tire relocation bracket is included, the bumper does not have the cutout for the spare so the bracket moves the tire out an inch and up about 1 1/2 inches to clear. The relocation bracket is needed even with the stock tire size.

Reactions: Desert Dog

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Yes, but does it come in hi-vis yellow?

Reactions: johncanfield
1 - 9 of 9 Posts