Rubicon Owners Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1002 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
It is when I finally leave the driveway that I get excited.
Even a road trip in a Jeep is a adventure.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Sure understand how you feel. I haven’t been Jeeping for a couple of years. Frankly would sell my Jeep had I not told my Grandson that it would be his 16th birthday present.
You’re going to be fine and you will enjoy the trip. As I mentioned previously, just take your time, there is no rush to get there.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #984 ·
Neither of us are anywhere near ready to go. I'm closer than my buddy is. The trip is seriously in jeopardy of not happening.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #985 ·
Well, it's official. Kevin's workload is not going to allow him to make the trip, so it's off. He really needs to focus on production, and hopefully fill the 4 job openings he currently has. It seems nobody wants to apply for jobs these days.

I'm not all that disappointed either. Maybe wheeling just isn't for me anymore?

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Sorry to hear it is off. You were looking forward to it.

·
Administrator
11,842 Posts
I'm not all that disappointed either. Maybe wheeling just isn't for me anymore?
Could be...
My wife and I historically have hobbies and interests that typically last 10 years plus or minus. We didn't get burned out on wheeling but health and joint replacements made climbing in and out of our Rubi very difficult and it was time to move on.

Reactions: mac and jeffro06

·
Super Moderator
3,848 Posts
Bummer - we find it hard to get out. First the lockdowns, now just focusing on gardening and whatnot. We do have another trip planned to the Rubicon this fall though (unless the 2nd Great Depression is in full swing)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #991 ·

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #993 ·

Took the Jeep to the Psycho Silo Saloon yesterday. We missed their Jeepers Creepers event, the day before, due to rain and storms. It was a bit windy, and the wife didn't want to ride on the Harley, so I compromised....lol.

I did miss my Harley a bit though. There were maybe 5 other Jeeps there. I have yet to hear what kind of a turn out they had for Jeepers Creepers. I think they do it again in the fall, so maybe I'll get a second chance.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #995 ·
That parking lot shows the effectiveness Sons of Anarchy had on Motorcycle sales
:D
I'm gonna go with a big no on that one...lol. No Sons of Anarchy cuts showing up there. 😎

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #997 ·
I really wish I had shop space to work on the Rubi. The poor thing really needs some tlc. All the body armor, sliders, bumpers need paint. The control arms need to be rebuilt or replaced, they are 10 years old now and have been beaten to death by Illinois winters. I can't even grease them anymore.

My buddy, Kevin, purchased a new gooseneck trailer and is really wanting to go to Ouray. We have decided to wait until the end of July and take a look at the feasibility of us taking that journey. Our Moab trip was cancelled, so I won't get my hopes up for this one. I'm thinking if I don't go on this trip, it may be time to rethink my Jeep life.

·
Administrator
11,842 Posts
July and August are good times to visit/wheel in that area. Depending on the amount of snow, sometimes Black Bear isn't open until later July.

Reactions: mac

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #999 ·
After 5 years, it's beginning to look like I'm going to need a new top, in the very near future. It's always something.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Super Moderator
3,848 Posts
After 5 years, it's beginning to look like I'm going to need a new top, in the very near future. It's always something.
Do you want to go with something different?

981 - 1000 of 1002 Posts