Rubicon Owners Forum banner
921 - 940 of 941 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #921 ·
I'm currently unable to enter my Jeep, via the driver side door. It's locked, and won't unlock. This happened to the passenger side door about a year or two ago. I managed to get it fixed, but it was a huge pita, without the proper tools. With that in mind, I quick screwing with it and ordered the six dollar tool, to make getting the window crank handle off and on a bit less of a pita. Until then, it'll sit.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #922 ·
I got my door open today. Who would have thunk the USPS would deliver on Easter Sunday? I got the crank handle off, then popped the door panel off. I lubed the hell out of the internal workings, and presto, the door handle worked again. I'm going to leave the door panel off for awhile, as I don't feel like getting locked in, or out, again.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #923 ·
The door is back together and all is well in Rubi land.

·
Administrator
11,561 Posts
Weird. Was the problem just due to a lack of lubrication?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #925 ·
Weird. Was the problem just due to a lack of lubrication?
Seemed to be. Nothing was unhooked, and it all works fine now. I guess getting old is a bitch, even for a Jeep...lol.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #926 ·
Well, I haven't been here in quite a while. I do however still own the Rubi!

The Rubi even got ducked on Christmas, while parked out in front of the house.

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Car

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle

I have new springs and shocks ordered....back ordered. It's been like 10 years, so it's time. There is an April Moab trip in the planning stages, so I hope the springs and shocks show up by then....lol. (funny, not funny)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #928 ·
parts shortages suck.

On the duck thing, I have not followed it, are you suppose to re-duck?
No idea. I don't have a supply of ducks, so I won't be ducking anyone....lol.

Reactions: inline6

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #929 ·
Well, I only have 6 workdays left, and then I'm retired. My last day in the office will be Jan. 13th. My last official day as a police officer will be January 21st. It's been 23 years, and it's time to go. I originally planned for 25 years, but that's no longer in the cards for me. It's time for the next chapter in my life. There'll be a little wheeling, a little Harley riding, some photography, time with grandkids, time with the wife, and time just sitting on my ass....lol.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,640 Posts
Congrats on Retirement.

I would really like to get to Moab in 2022.
I wonder if people would like to do another ROF Moab trip. It may require canes, walkers, advil and reading glasses, but would still be fun.

·
Administrator
11,561 Posts
Well, I only have 6 workdays left, and then I'm retired. My last day in the office will be Jan. 13th. My last official day as a police officer will be January 21st. It's been 23 years, and it's time to go. I originally planned for 25 years, but that's no longer in the cards for me. It's time for the next chapter in my life. There'll be a little wheeling, a little Harley riding, some photography, time with grandkids, time with the wife, and time just sitting on my ass....lol.
Food Cake decorating supply Cake Cake decorating Handwriting

·
3,796 Posts
Congrats on Retirement.

I would really like to get to Moab in 2022.
I wonder if people would like to do another ROF Moab trip. It may require canes, walkers, advil and reading glasses, but would still be fun.
I'm in!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #935 ·
My new shocks and springs arrived yesterday!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #936 ·
We are currently getting snow. It's supposed to be quite a bit of snow. I can see my Jeep smiling, when I look out the window.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #938 ·
Went out in the Rubi yesterday and headed over to the Mississippi River to take photos of bald eagles.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #939 ·
921 - 940 of 941 Posts