Rubicon Owners Forum banner

901 - 916 of 916 Posts

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,083 Posts
Was married twice in fact, each one left with a jeep lol. 1988 xj to the first wife and 2015 grand to the second.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #902
New tires will be on tomorrow. :giggle:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #903

So far I really like them, they're not too loud on the road, don't throw as many rocks up into the wheel well as the Duratracs, and look a whole lot tougher.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #906
I had a pretty fun day of wheeling, at the Badlands Off Road Park, on Saturday. I hated the drive there, and back. Over 400 miles of driving, for just 15 off road miles. We were at the park for 6 hours. We were gone from home for 15 hours.

Pics and vids from the trip.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #907
I've been watching a lot of Moab and Ouray vids, some mine, some from others, but one thing is certain, I want to go back, to both. I also still want to do the Rubicon Trail. Doing the Rubicon is at the top of my Jeep bucket list. I really need to retire and move someplace that has wheeling trails as well as good Harley riding roads. That would be the best of both worlds.

·
3,564 Posts
I've been watching a lot of Moab and Ouray vids, some mine, some from others, but one thing is certain, I want to go back, to both. I also still want to do the Rubicon Trail. Doing the Rubicon is at the top of my Jeep bucket list. I really need to retire and move someplace that has wheeling trails as well as good Harley riding roads. That would be the best of both worlds.
I need to do the Rubicon too. I think there are fires near by right now however. We have friensd that live in the area. If you get to planning a trip, please message me, I'd like to tag with if possible.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #909

Once the rain stopped I took a little drive over to Oregon IL, to check out the fall colors along the Rock River. Chief Blackhawk watches over the travelers on the river.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #910
Check engine light it on. I hope it's the gas cap.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I like the yellow, I'm just used to red.

The Canadian models have daytime running lights, and the safety warnings on the visors are in english and french... :cheesy: I haven't found any other differences yet.
I had a canadian made jeep and if I pulled the ebrake handle just one click those dimmed daytime lights went out,...If of course that is your preference.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #913
What code?
I haven't had a chance to check the code yet. My buddy has a code reader, but he's up at his cabin, and I'm in no hurry, so I'll check it when he gets back.

I had a canadian made jeep and if I pulled the ebrake handle just one click those dimmed daytime lights went out,...If of course that is your preference.
Interesting. I've never tried that.

·
Registered
2004 TJ Rubicon
717 Posts
I haven't had a chance to check the code yet. My buddy has a code reader, but he's up at his cabin, and I'm in no hurry, so I'll check it when he gets back.
I'm pretty sure if you turn the key forward to ignition then back around three times it'll tell you the code in the odometer area. Might have to go back all the way to accessory... can't remember.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #915
Code was gas cap related....cleared it, hasn't come back.

The Rubi.....

901 - 916 of 916 Posts