941 Posts
Discussion Starter #864
Brrr.

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #866
Well I put new door limiting straps on both doors yesterday, so no more fly away doors.

I'm getting a bit tired of not having my CD player. My 6 disc changer hasn't worked in a few years.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #867
I've been pretty bored today. Spent some time looking back at Jeep vids and pics. These two pics bring back some memories.

20150924_144144.jpg

IMG_4969.jpg

·
3,490 Posts
Get back out to Moab or Sand Hollow and do some wheeling! I need to as well. I live in Ut and haven't been to Moab since 2013...:frown2:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #869
I live in Ut and haven't been to Moab since 2013...:frown2:

That's just wrong.

I'd like to get the wife out to Moab, or Ouray, or the Rubicon Trail. The Rubicon Trail would be awesome, since I've never been there either. Life gets in the way, and the Harley is so much cheaper to travel on, so.....

·
1,575 Posts
I opened up this humongous thread to the last page and hear or get a picture of Alexander the Great if he owned a Rubicon. But I get it. It’s one of the reasons I bring guns on a trip.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #871
I opened up this humongous thread to the last page and hear or get a picture of Alexander the Great if he owned a Rubicon. But I get it. It’s one of the reasons I bring guns on a trip.
Uh, huh.....:unsure:

·
1,575 Posts
Meaning Alexander the Great found himself at a loss when he had finished conquering. History says he wept. i was making a play on your active spirit tapering off. I understand that. It’s why I take guns or plan other things when I go out. Post fail on my part ?.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #873
Meaning Alexander the Great found himself at a loss when he had finished conquering. History says he wept. i was making a play on your active spirit tapering off. I understand that. It’s why I take guns or plan other things when I go out. Post fail on my part ?.
LOL, well, for the record I always take a gun when I go out too.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #874
Been looking at suspensions. Thinking of replacing my very old Old Man Emu 2" lift. Not sure what the latest and greatest lift options are.....thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
Been looking at suspensions. Thinking of replacing my very old Old Man Emu 2" lift. Not sure what the latest and greatest lift options are.....thoughts?
fewer options, a few off the top of my head.

OME springs for the 2-3" lift
Savvy for 3"
Currie for 4" I think metal cloak as well.

Synergy only has front springs, but no rears. I am sure there are other options, but not many

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #876
I have removed the front bumper and winch from said bumper. I'm replacing my Superwinch with a Warn. The Superwinch is pretty wore out, so it's time. The bumper is going to get stripped and repainted, as it looks pretty rough.

I'm hoping this is the first step to revitalizing my Rubi. It really needs some tlc. I'm still thinking suspension and tires. I'd like to do wheels too, but they aren't a must.

I need to do a brake job as well.

·
Administrator
10,915 Posts
Warn is the gold standard of electric winches, good choice.

I need to get my Rubi on the lift and give it some love, I usually change fluids once a year (it's not a daily driver) but I've let that slip.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #878
I dropped off the bumper today, to be blasted and painted.

Thursday it goes into the shop to get the brakes done, coolant system checked and a transmission leak looked at.

Once I see how much all that cost me, I'll move on to the winch, and possibly new rear flares. I currently have "plastic" flares and I'm thinking some steel Genright 4" flares may be in Rubi's future.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #879
The Rubi is in the shop, aside from the brakes, I have a bad wheel bearing....probably burned all the grease out of it when the brake heated up to a million degrees, lol, I have leaking transmission lines. I knew it was leaking from some where, just wasn't sure where. I knew it was losing antifreeze someplace, but wasn't sure where, and it turns out I have a leaky radiator.

The goal is to fix all of these things, then look at the suspension, and then tires. I'd like to get this thing back into dependable long range driving condition, so I can venture out west once again. The Rubicon Trail is still on my bucket list, and sooner than later would be better.

JEEP.....Just Empty Every Pocket.....has never been more true.

861 - 880 of 908 Posts