Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #841

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #842
Baby it's cold outside.

After doing some touch up painting in the kitchen, taking down a ceiling fan in the dinning room and putting up a new LED light, I decided to go out and drive around in the snow.

·
Administrator
15,086 Posts
Jeff

i was gonna steal some of those images....but geeeezzz all kinds of lettering on the pics
:wink2:

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #845

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
Man it's been years since I have wheeled as well, on a trail at least. I've been getting my dose by all the snow we have been getting over the last few years.

Personally I don't care to wheel in a park, just not motivated at all. A trail however that takes me from one point to another is fulfilling and why I enjoy this hobby/sport so much. Being in IL you are deprived of owning guns and traversing legit trails, not my ideal place of residence.

Rig still looks great btw.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #847
Man it's been years since I have wheeled as well, on a trail at least. I've been getting my dose by all the snow we have been getting over the last few years.

Personally I don't care to wheel in a park, just not motivated at all. A trail however that takes me from one point to another is fulfilling and why I enjoy this hobby/sport so much. Being in IL you are deprived of owning guns and traversing legit trails, not my ideal place of residence.

Rig still looks great btw.

I really do wish I had trails, but that's Illinois for you. Hopefully when I retire I'll live in a more wheeling friendly stated. For now I'll have to settle for the snow.

As far as guns go, Illinois lets me carry mine everywhere I go. :grin2: T

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #849

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #850
Put in a new blower resistor on Friday, I was suddenly stuck with HI fan speed only. That $20 resistor is a PITA to replace. I also put a new door hinge strap on the driver door.

I drove around in the SNOW today.....WTF?

Yesterday I was on the Harley:

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #851
Well here it is October 7th, 2019 and no huge news about the Rubi, other than it's in the shop today to see about a engine code I keep getting. I'm pretty sure it's an O2 sensor. I'm also pretty sure the exhaust needs some attention, among other things. The other things are going to have to wait. I need to give the suspension some tlc, especially things like the sway bar bushings and shocks. I don't have any plans to get rid of Rubi anytime in the near future, or distant future for that matter. I would like to join a group of guys on the Rubicon Trail in the fall of 2020, and to do that I'm going to have to pay a bit more attention to the Jeep.

I did attend Jeepers Creepers at the Psycho Silo Saloon, in Langley IL, back in June.

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #853
Yes, October already - where did the year go? I'm looking forward to some better weather to play in the shop.

I don't have a shop, so I guess I'll "look forward" to playing in the snow. If the weather in the north west is a sign of things to come, I'll be playing in the snow sooner than later.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #855
Filled the Jeep with gas yesterday, averaged 16.4 mpg, with a good mix of city and hwy driving. I haven't seen 16 mpg in many, many years...which is how long I've been having the engine light, exhaust leak issue. So, it appears the fix was money well spent.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Jeff,

I also own a 2006 LJR, but only 35k miles. I just found your thread and read all of it. Thanks a million for taking the time to post your story; I really enjoyed it. Now, when I win the lottery, I know what to do with all that cash!

Thanks again,
Steve

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #857
Hi Jeff,

I also own a 2006 LJR, but only 35k miles. I just found your thread and read all of it. Thanks a million for taking the time to post your story; I really enjoyed it. Now, when I win the lottery, I know what to do with all that cash!

Thanks again,
Steve

Glad to be of service....lol. If I win the Lottery the Rubi is getting a complete overhaul. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
Filled the Jeep with gas yesterday, averaged 16.4 mpg, with a good mix of city and hwy driving. I haven't seen 16 mpg in many, many years...which is how long I've been having the engine light, exhaust leak issue. So, it appears the fix was money well spent.
I'm sure that feels like victory.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #859
Yesterday I noticed it's been almost a year since I wheeled the Rubi. I was at The Badlands Off Road Park on 123018. I may have to make a New Years resolution.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Yesterday I noticed it's been almost a year since I wheeled the Rubi. I was at The Badlands Off Road Park on 123018. I may have to make a New Years resolution.
This is serious. Get that resolution in writing now!!

841 - 860 of 873 Posts