Rubicon Owners Forum banner

821 - 840 of 873 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm about sick of this view.....
Three cold days, then 2 warm(er) days in the 60's to mid-70's, then back to the freezer...
This is New England!

What make and model sport top is that? Was it a good decision? The fit seems to be really good. Looks great!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #822
Three cold days, then 2 warm(er) days in the 60's to mid-70's, then back to the freezer...
This is New England!

What make and model sport top is that? Was it a good decision? The fit seems to be really good. Looks great!
It's a Rampage framless top. It's my second one. The first one went through hell and back, finally started to get a bit weak at the seems, so I decided to get a new one. I love the top.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/11119_1X1X_PG.htm?gclid=Cj0KCQjwttbWBRDyARIsAN8zhbIZFMrAZBwOg3HYqo-CYEHbBkkvh4OZboKZtBwQnn6BdgWpvRXMF3oaAgniEALw_wcB

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #823
This is getting old.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Sure glad I don't live in Duluth MN. anymore! Say what you want about CA., at least we don't have to put up with that here in the Bay area.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes it is.
It has to break for you soon!!
Massachusetts has been cold and wet up to two days ago, now we hover in low to mid 60's this week.

We are supposed to see mid to upper 70's (with a slight chance at 80) next Tuesday.
About freaking time!!!

I need to start crawling under my TJ and get some work done this summer.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #832
We are finally having summer like weather, and I've been enjoying some time on this.....

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #834
I would kill myself on one of those but wow, what a way to go.
My poor Rubi sits and sits because of the Harley's....and because there's no place to wheel. I wish it was as easy to wheel as it is to ride....walk outside, turn the key and go. Maybe someday. I can't bring myself to go to an off road park these days. Having been to Moab and Ouray, it's just hard to motivate myself into driving for hours just to wheel on a few hundred acres of land. On a side note, I did drive the Rubi yesterday, so, that's something.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
I can't bring myself to go to an off road park these days. Having been to Moab and Ouray, it's just hard to motivate myself into driving for hours just to wheel on a few hundred acres of land.
Strange how this happens. I thought it was just something weird with me. Although I haven't been to Ouray it's on the list. I'll have no problem driving across country this year for the Rubicon Trail though.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #836
It's alive!! It's been years since I last wheeled. Like four. Today I said f it, and hit the road to the Badlands Off Road Park in Attica, Indiana. It was not crowded, at all. In fact I was the only person in the quarry for awhile. They moved the entrance to the quarry, it's now located at the tubes. That had me all screwed up for a bit....lol. I still wish it wasn't such a long drive to get there. Need to make a weekend out of it to make it worth my while.

501 miles traveled. 30 miles of wheeling. 12 hours in the Jeep. 1 rescued Cherokee. 44 gallons of gas. 11 mpg averaged. 98 dollars in gas. 20 dollars in park fees. 15 dollars on food and drink. 1 happy camper!! ;D

The Full Gallery, with vids.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #838
Thanks for the winter wheeling pix - good job!

It was fun getting out again, going solo meant I had to be a bit more cautious. Being solo also means there's no video or pictures of the harder stuff I did do, which is a bummer.

I have a buddy who recently bought his first Rubicon, so maybe it won't be 4 years before I get back there.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #839
The wife and I went for a ride in the Rubi, just to enjoy the sun and snow.

Surprise! She didn't walk to the top.

It was a pretty nice day.

821 - 840 of 873 Posts