Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'm Jeepless again. As much as I liked my JL, it was too small for me.

I could deal with no legroom. I could deal with not being able to see the upper part of the dash and stoplights in intersections. But when I got back in the Jeep after our trip to the midwest, I could not get past the fact that the top my head was 1.5" above the rollbar and the back of my head was slightly ahead of and above the crossbar. My fear was that I would incur a very serious head injury in either a roll over or rear end collision. It really bothered me....to the point I decided to park the Jeep and look for something else to fuel my pasion for the automobile.

So today I traded for this:

It's a new Scat Pack with a T/A package and auto transmission. I'm looking forward to doing some touring in the new car with my bride. We are not getting any younger and want to spend some time finding new adventures while we are able.

I suspect the future holds another Jeep for me, but will be a CJ or a TJ most likely.

You're not getting rid of me though....I'll be hanging around as this is one of the best forums on the old interweb!

If I was a normal sized person, I would not have traded the JL as I think it was the best of all the Jeeps I've owned. I just couldn't get past the safety issues.....real or imagined.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Hmmmm, interesting thoughts on the safety factor.

Do what makes you feel happy.

I just end up buying new vehicles and not selling the old ones. Trying to get over that habit.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I don't think they make lift kits for the new ride. :)

Reactions: hutchman and mac

·
Administrator
10,845 Posts
My buddy has a ~800 700 hp Hellcat, amazing to look at the chassis engineering.

Reactions: mac

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
.....Hmmmm, interesting thoughts on the safety factor.....
I never really worried about it when I first got it but, after our trip, I hit my head pretty hard when I hit a bump. It hurt..... My fear was what would happen in a rear end or rollover accident. I just couldn't put it out of my mind.

I supose it was much safer than riding a motorcycle, but I've given that up also. I guess I'm getting old.

·
Administrator
15,114 Posts
As the title says, I'm Jeepless again.
So today I traded for this:

It's a new Scat Pack with a T/A package and auto transmission. I'm looking forward to doing some touring in the new car with my bride. We are not getting any younger and want to spend some time finding new adventures while we are able.

I suspect the future holds another Jeep for me, but will be a CJ or a TJ most likely.

You're not getting rid of me though....I'll be hanging around as this is one of the best forums on the old interweb!

If I was a normal sized person, I would not have traded the JL as I think it was the best of all the Jeeps I've owned. I just couldn't get past the safety issues.....real or imagined.
Hutch...
Sweet Ride ... now take it to Gas Monkey Garage in Texas and do some burnouts in the parking lot
" As see on the "Interweb"
Congrats on the new car
:wink2:

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,045 Posts
well you went from "I may not be fast but I can go anywhere to fast is not bad"
Enjoy, life is too short to not enjoy iy.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally over 500 miles and the electronic HP devices are now active. I tried the line lock Sunday and it seemed to work well.

Funny though, it does seem to leave an oder in the car after each use......smells very much like burning rubber!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts