Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
3,389 Posts
Nissan HD has a Cummins in it...

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
A Jeep pickup will restore America's manhood.

This would be the greatest vehicle ever created by man a Jeep pickup truck. A Jeep pickup will restore America's manhood The Jeep pickup truck is every red-blooded American male's ultimate automotive wet dream.

But wait, how could a Jeep pickup truck, in a world where supercars reign supreme, be the greatest vehicle man has ever known?

Because whether you're a JDM tuner, horsepower-obsessed muscle head, or a car-hating greenie, if you have even an ounce of manhood in you, when you see a Jeep with a pickup truck bed you will think the exact same thing as me "Whoa!"

A Jeep pickup will restore America's manhood. That's because a pickup-packing Jeep stimulates the cro-Magnon center of every man's brain that area we learned to keep dormant and hidden after childhood. It's the animalistic part of our brain that drove us to collect G.I. Joes and set them on fire in our backyards and that made us love watching construction vehicles drop giant loads of dirt.

A Jeep pickup takes these thoughts, wraps 'em up in one neat, little bow and slaps it under the Christmas tree for us to tear off in a heated adrenaline-fueled frenzy.

Jeeps still carry a connotation of war and utility and off-road prowess and pickup trucks are all about utility. Put those together in one vehicle and we'll giggle with glee.

What I want is a production Jeep pickup truck. And I don't want it being hinted at I want it to actually happen and happen soon.

Plus, how can American men explain a project vehicle's purpose to our girlfriends, wives, significant others, mothers being that we want to drive over rocks and get dirty and burn G.I. Joes with our homemade match-fueled flamethrowers? They probably wouldn't understand.

·
Registered
539 Posts
A Jeep pickup will restore America's manhood.

This would be the greatest vehicle ever created by man a Jeep pickup truck. A Jeep pickup will restore America's manhood The Jeep pickup truck is every red-blooded American male's ultimate automotive wet dream.

But wait, how could a Jeep pickup truck, in a world where supercars reign supreme, be the greatest vehicle man has ever known?

Because whether you're a JDM tuner, horsepower-obsessed muscle head, or a car-hating greenie, if you have even an ounce of manhood in you, when you see a Jeep with a pickup truck bed you will think the exact same thing as me "Whoa!"

A Jeep pickup will restore America's manhood. That's because a pickup-packing Jeep stimulates the cro-Magnon center of every man's brain that area we learned to keep dormant and hidden after childhood. It's the animalistic part of our brain that drove us to collect G.I. Joes and set them on fire in our backyards and that made us love watching construction vehicles drop giant loads of dirt.

A Jeep pickup takes these thoughts, wraps 'em up in one neat, little bow and slaps it under the Christmas tree for us to tear off in a heated adrenaline-fueled frenzy.

Jeeps still carry a connotation of war and utility and off-road prowess and pickup trucks are all about utility. Put those together in one vehicle and we'll giggle with glee.

What I want is a production Jeep pickup truck. And I don't want it being hinted at I want it to actually happen and happen soon.

Plus, how can American men explain a project vehicle's purpose to our girlfriends, wives, significant others, mothers being that we want to drive over rocks and get dirty and burn G.I. Joes with our homemade match-fueled flamethrowers? They probably wouldn't understand.
I agree with you on this 100% The WOW factor of a Jeep Pick up if done correctly would be astonishing. But it would need to be done corectly, If you have arse a Ram with a new modern front grill like the Renegade or the Cherokee its not going to work. Take a look at VW.. They had lost so much market a while ago that even though they weren't ion the hole in the US sales where dismal, Revamp? enter the new beetle the first Old car with a retro fitted style but with the same look just modernized it blew VW up and allowed then to re enter the market with a lot of new cars. Ford took the hint and re-stlyed the mustang, Chevy restyled the Camero although a nice car IMPO I would have love a restyled camero based on the 70/71 model.

Jeep need a truck simalar to the J10/J20 and while they are at bring back the Willy's wagon to compete with the Tahoe's/Expedetions and Sequoia's out there:)

And yes people will turn thier heads and say WOW. When I drive the Jeepster I get stopped all of the time by folks asking me what it is. I say "Its a Jeep" well Willys/Kasier laste year before AMC bought the brand. If people constantly stop you over a 1970 Jeepster Commando with drool running down thier chin think what Jeep could do if the went retro on some classics.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
It sure would be awesome if Jeep actually did things that way but based on their recent track record it's likely we will be disappointed if they actually do produce a truck.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Fiat Has a truck already Called the Strada Fiat/Chrysler also owns some of
Mitsibishi and they have a a small truck called the L200
Fiat could bring one of these to the markets of america?

Strada

Then the Mitsibishi L200

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Please....NO

·
Registered
539 Posts
The L200 can kinda look decent ina sick twisted trophy truck kinda way?

·
3,389 Posts
Not something that should wear a jeep badge

·
Registered
771 Posts
This looks like a Hot Wheels child's toy...
Not a huge fan of the look but the tires are interesting. Those tires have some outrageous sidewalls. Nice aggressive look wth a not so aggressive tread. Interesting.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Nissan HD has a Cummins in it...
Yes 5.0l Cummins diesel, what they SHOULD have used in the RAM 1500...far better engine and just a couple less mpg. Now I will seriously look at that Titan when they roll it out.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts