Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It started when I decided to do something this winter I haven't done since I was a kid... build a model. I chose my favorite airplane from the WWII era, the B-17 Bomber. Then I built a P-51. Then before I knew it I had a freakin' airplane factory on my dining room table.
After building a C-47 (Dakota) I read Eisenhower said "The Jeep, the Dakota airplane, and the landing craft were the three tools that won the war,”, so I built a Jeep and Landing Craft too.
Since October I've built a B-17G, B-26B, B-29, C-47D, P-51D, F4F-4, Spitfire Mk1, two P-40B's and the Jeep and Landing Craft... I currently have a B-25B on order.
I don't have an airbrush and these are the first models I've built in over 40 years, I call them "five foot" models, don't look at them closer than five feet.

All models are 1/72 scale so the Jeep is only about 1.5 inches long.

·
3,328 Posts
They are awesome. I like the B-29, it's one of my favorite aircraft. A friend of mine was a crew member on B-29's during WWII.

·
Administrator
10,469 Posts
That is way cool Guy! Great attention to detail - great winter project. Roger on the B-29, we've seen at least one in person in Arizona on static display, first pressurized bomber as far as I know. I also like the B-36 - six turning and four burning.

·
Premium Member
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... also, they are on waded up paper towel because I made them "wheels up" as I'm planning on hanging them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts