Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been requested of me to make a very stout engine and tranny skid that bolts up to my skid, the stock skid and long arm skid. This is what I have done today. The holes for the oil and 5-speed tranny need to be cut out, plus I need to put stronger angle Iron on the front. I have mtnbiker5 coming back out on Saturday to test fit the auto. What do ya think...Jerry

PS: Just keep in mind that this is not finnishied and is a prototype. I still have to finish welding this and put some gussets in for xtra support before these will be finished.

Tommorow it all comes off, the stock pan goes on to test fit it to that...

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!

your right on making the angle iron stronger for the front ...
looks like it will fit the long arm with no issues.

mac

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mud Puppy== I haven't even thought about angling the front of the skid... I was mainly thinking of a good bolting spot. It is tucked up there behind the front axle pretty good thou.

I did forget to mention that it is also 1/4" steel as well....Jerry

·
Registered
556 Posts
Looks great to me too. In fact it looks like it will be a little esier to bolt to the front end. No more PB Blaster needed for fat fingers!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I like it Jerry. I can't wait for my Medic skidplate to come!! I think before I install it, I will order your engine/tranny skidplate and then install them both at the same time.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
You know my mailing address Jerry.... :D

Also I am sending out that disk but I have put a little something together for you to see. Could you send me some good pix of finished product and comparison pix also. Bumper, t-case and engine to [email protected]

I think you will be happy with this.. :wink:

Sean

·
Registered
333 Posts
Man Medic its looks good let me know the price and stuff so I can start selling it to the wife ;)...

G

·
0 Posts
I like it, too!
Medic, let us know when you will be shipping them. I'm ready for it.

Cal

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks nice,but I don't like body lifts.Are eyou going to make any that can be put on 4.5" SL vehicles with no BL?

The engine skid I am working on Works on both autos and 5-Speeds will work with the stock rubicon as well. It will work with no BL or a BL, stock skid pan, after market pan, long arm skid pan... hopefully everything. The only thing that it might not fit is the nthdegreemobility skid....Jerry

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I thought I would share with you guys & gals that the first 2 are finished and going to be installed within the week. I am making a version for the RE long arms wich is 2.5" shorter and then the one for the stock, belly up skids, with and without the body lift. Here are a few pics from last night, still wet.

I will let everyone know how they fit, shouldn't have any problems, then check the web site for price and shipping....Jerry

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More PICS

The one on the left is for the Stock and belly up 03 Jeeps, and the one on the right is for the GUYS running the long arm kits..Jerry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts