Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Jerry, new to this forum but a 2x Jeep owner. Started out with a 1994 Cherokee Laredo then later a 2010. I would like to get a late model Rubicon, maybe we 2018, 19, or 20 but don't know how reliable they are. I rarely use the dealership so it would be good to find a reputable Jeep repair shop in the Maryland or northern Virginia areas. I would appreciate any advice this forum has to give.

·
Administrator
11,473 Posts
Hi Jerry, welcome and glad to have you aboard. I don't keep up with any Jeep model newer than 2006 :) (TJ/LJ.) We have quite a few newer Jeep model owners here and a professional Jeep wrench so stand by.

Reactions: mac

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,477 Posts
Jerry

I will say Chapman Autogroup in Warminster PA does crazy deals on Jeeps.
You may be able to get a 2021 for less than a used one.

Tom is the owner and is very active on numerous forums.
215-410-2210
[email protected]

Chapman Ford of Horsham, 19044 zip

No deposit required

Prices may have changed slightly, but here is a spreadsheet he posted only 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
730 Posts
And remember if you have to finance, you usually get a lower rate on new making it less of a payment.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The newer Jeep’s are plenty reliable. The 3.6L is doing very well with minimal issues. The JK’s when they came out I was laughing at the minivan engine expecting it to fail quickly. That minivan engine is doing pretty darn well. The 3.8’a had some issues but the 3.6’s have been very good.

The 2012 and newer JK’s and JL’s have the same engine. Transmission is different.
JL has been reported to be more quiet and comfortable than the previous wranglers

You can find a lot of documented issues with every generation of Jeep, and that’s unlikely to change.

if you want a rubicon I’d suggest getting one of the JK’s if you want to save some money, otherwise I’ve heard the JL rubicon’s are quieter, and have even stronger front axle than the JK rubicon.

A lot of low mileage Jk rubicon’s are around $30k-ishin my area. Low mileage JL rubicon’s are $40k-ish

In my opinion you are more likely to have more issues with an old Jeep vs a new one less likely to get a low mileage one.

The old Jeep’s are certainly easier to work on. That engine bay is wide open.

Every new generation of Jeep arguably gets better.

However I’ll always miss the way the YJ and TJ’s drove.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Best of luck, feel free to ask any other questions. I’m by no means an expert but I know there are lots on here, someone definitely can help. I’m still learning the JK’s myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jerry

I will say Chapman Autogroup in Warminster PA does crazy deals on Jeeps.
You may be able to get a 2021 for less than a used one.

Tom is the owner and is very active on numerous forums.
215-410-2210
[email protected]

Chapman Ford of Horsham, 19044 zip

No deposit required

Prices may have changed slightly, but here is a spreadsheet he posted only 2 weeks ago.
View attachment 76089
Thanks for the advise here elff. I went with Chapman. They submitted my order for a 2021 Rubi 2-door on August 19th and it was delivered on September 30th. I received 6% below MSRP deal. At that price my 2021 Rubi cost less than a used 2019 Rubi with similar features. Nice!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Good deal, post a pic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts