Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7 inch Android tablet that I can mount with a RAM mount hanging down from the Misch overhead shelf on both our Jeeps. I then can make videos through the windshield. I can narrate the video as we go over trail sections or obstacles. The videos are pretty short, maybe a minute and a half, that way it doesn't take too long to upload them to FaceBook. The problem is, from that vantage point the terrain flattens out, a rough trail section can look almost like a graded road. I would like to get the action shot from a lower perspective, the front bumper perhaps, that will show the obstacles in a more realistic fashion. Thinking of a Go-Pro with a remote control, but I don't think you can add narration unless there is a remote microphone also. Has any body else solved this problem?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have a 7 inch Android tablet that I can mount with a RAM mount hanging down from the Misch overhead shelf on both our Jeeps. I then can make videos through the windshield. I can narrate the video as we go over trail sections or obstacles. The videos are pretty short, maybe a minute and a half, that way it doesn't take too long to upload them to FaceBook. The problem is, from that vantage point the terrain flattens out, a rough trail section can look almost like a graded road. I would like to get the action shot from a lower perspective, the front bumper perhaps, that will show the obstacles in a more realistic fashion. Thinking of a Go-Pro with a remote control, but I don't think you can add narration unless there is a remote microphone also. Has any body else solved this problem?
It might be easiest just to record and then narrate at home? I think you can narrate on the youtube app perhaps. There has to be an easy way.

Reactions: mac

·
Registered
539 Posts
If you are using windows it seems you can use the Movie Maker app, I checked and it's still on WIndows 10(video is from 2014.)
Seems straight forward

·
Administrator
10,919 Posts
A GoPro with a suction cup mount on the windshield works really well, I put mine in the upper corner of the passenger side windshield. There's no way I've found to have any kind of supplementary audio to a GoPro, It has a microphone but I always put mine in a sealed case due to dust. By the remote control for it - saves batteries by turning it off and on when you are parked.

I rarely do voice-overs for wheeling videos, the action usually speaks for itself. The GoPro has different shooting modes, some are super wide angle and some not. I forgot which mode I use but you can experiment.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts