Rubicon Owners Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I will keep my avatar! That was Rubi on the ramp (with 35" MTR/Kevlars) at a Chili Challenge in Las Cruces, NM. I would love to see her on a ramp now with the 4 link rear.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,269 Posts
It is hard to see the go, sort of like when kids go to college, you just want some pictures now and then...

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Congrats on the sale. I don’t visit the site much anymore but have been a lurker for the better part of 15 years, since I bought my 2006 LJR. I enjoyed watching you build and use yours over the years. I sold mine and bought it back a year later, too…the guy only put 1000 miles on it that year, so maybe this will find it’s way back into your life at some point too.

·
Administrator
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks, I had so much fun learning to wheel - build up the LJ - learn more - more mods - repeat :). It's still sad to see the empty place in my shop where Rubi lived. But life moves on...

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
John, sad to see you sold the Jeep! I really understand the pain of seeing one go but sometimes they do come back.

I didn't know you lived in that part of the state. I was in Borger a couple of years ago to buy an 01 Firebird. We may be coming through in the next 6 weeks following Rt 66 on the way back to the PNW. I'll certainly get in touch if we do.

·
Administrator
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Great! We're about 80 miles NW of San Antonio in the hill country and easy to find.

·
Administrator
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hi Brett! We had fun doing Black Bear with you guys - so many fond and happy memories that are priceless. It was just time to pass Rubi on to a younger wheeler.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
Had no idea you sold the rig. Ever think about getting a nice stock one to just drive around town? I would not be able to move on in this world without at least one Jeep in the garage. If I could I would share a bedroom with my rigs to sleep near them.

·
Administrator
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I'm actually missing not having a 3rd vehicle (and a Jeep in particular) in case one of our two is tied up with service or whatever. A 4x4 would be nice to have here if we get more crap winter weather again.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts