Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been putting this off for well over a year but it's time to sell Rubi :cry:. I had my shoulder joint replaced a couple of years ago and now I need to get my knee joint replaced. I really want to see her in the hands of an ROF member instead of some Craig's List mall crawler yahoo. Mac knows me and Don (Mouse) and I have wheeled in Moab together if you want to ask either of these guys in a PM about me and/or Rubi.

Rubi has been extensively upgraded over the last ten years, the only OEM chassis part left is the front axle tube/diff case. Look up my posts here on ROF for build progress and wheeling video on my YouTube channel. Rubi is ready to wheel - change fluids and off you go. She will do any trail except something only a buggy is capable of. I do not consider her a daily driver - she was built to rock crawl. It's no problem driving an hour or two to a trailhead - we did that all of the time but we trailered her behind the motorhome.

Rubi has pin stripes, a few dings and rock rash, I had to beat out part of the hood when I hit a tree limb while prerunning a trail for our club. So again - Rubi isn't a shine and show mall display, it's a no nonsense rock crawler with only the best parts and equipment I could find. Rockmen in Montrose, CO did the rear 4-link Curriehigh pinon D60 Rock Jock install. Getting rid of the rear trackbar made a huge articulation difference. (I've got $10k in that upgrade alone.)

Some details:

37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on Trailready HD Beadlocks. Spare tire has never been on the ground, 5.38 Revolution gears, Woods drive shafts, chrome moly axles

RIPP intercooled supercharger (mild 6-8 psi boost) for highway driving (includes a Diablo engine tuner)

RubiCrawler

Big Brake kit, hydro boost brakes (and hydro assist steering and Mile Marker hydro winch)

Kenwood ham VHF/UHF radio included only if the purchaser has a license

Etc., Etc. Look over the pictures and the wheeling videos link I previously included. I would like to get about $30K for her but first priority is making sure she's going to the right home.

^^ Hydro brake assist ^^ HUGE improvement in braking performance

Attachments

·
1,906 Posts
We’ve never met, but, but I know you as an honest straightforward person that makes well thought out decisions. In light of that, your Jeep would be a great buy. My wife has had a knee and shoulder done. Someone is going to enjoy a great Jeep.

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all of the comments guys.

Not sure about Viking, I hope so. That line was expensive and wanted it to last for the duration. The Mile Marker hydraulic winch is awesome performing - I've used it many times on the trail and due to the simplicity of hydraulics it's never failed to work. And it's two speed.

I'm not going anywhere when I pass Rubi on to a new owner, you guys are stuck with me :geek:.

·
3,714 Posts
Wish I needed/had room for another jeep. GLWS, hopefully we see it on the trail with the new owner.

Is it located in Texas? If I find someone locally that's interested, that will be the second question (after price)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
I understand the need to move on

Weirdly interested, not that I need 4 jeeps at home now. When I barley get them out of the garage, heck 2 are still on jack stands. Bought a new house a few months ago and have been working on it ever since.

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rubi is in the Texas Hill Country - we're about an hour NW of San Antonio. In fact I bought it locally, it's never lived outside of Texas so no rusty undercarriage. It's an Auto tranny if that wasn't clear. I added a Mishimoto transmission cooler and I brazed in a bung on the tranny pan for a transmission temperature gauge, I like to have gauges on all of the important stuff.

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It will be a great Jeep for the right buyer that will use it and appreciate it. I've had the pleasure of seeing the build in this forum over the years. Good luck!
Thanks for the kind words, I had no idea where our Jeep journey was going to lead 10 years ago. I look back with great satisfaction of making Rubi into such a capable machine - much better than the driver.

·
Registered
680 Posts
GLWS

I have a friend that collects cars. He probably has $1m in his garage. 3 Challengers (Demon, Red Eye, RT) a '40 plymouth, 64 Hemi fury, etc. I was talking to him and and asked why he doesn't drive them. I mean 99.9% of the time he drives his old work truck . Hid reply was that he gets enjoyment by just owning them. This kind of baffles me but it did get me to thinking. He is one of those rare people that goes to car shows and doesn't ever have to say "I used to own one of those."
If you want to sell your jeep then I hope you find the right buyer, but don't sell it because you think you should. Just because you don't use something doesn't mean that you should sell it. And remember after it is sold it wont be in the garage anymore.

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting you mentioned that scenario, I was pondering the very same thing yesterday when I was in the shop looking at Rubi all clean and shiny. This is almost like selling a favorite pet you've had for years. We've made memories wheeling Rubi that we will always have with us (hopefully LOL.) We've made many wheeling friends and the wife really enjoyed the social side of events.

Rubi really belongs on the trails and not sitting in my shop. At our last house I had a Corvette that lived in one bay of our garage, it was gorgeous and I never took it out unless the weather was perfect so it did a lot of sitting, I finally sold it after the family CFO said to drive it or sell it :cautious:.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts