Rubicon Owners Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,477 Posts
You guys are making me jealous. I have a half basketball court at the top of my driveway. I could turn that into a nice detached car garage. I love those lifts.
I still have 2 kidneys. Think one of them could bank roll a detached garage? LOL

@Elwarpo, your contractor knocked that out of the park. It seriously looks like you bought the house like that.
Got anymore pics of the inside? I was also shocked about how green your neighborhood is.

@Saddle Tramp I'm also a go fast guy. Did my own tuning with HP tuners on my last vehicle. It was a Saturn Sky with a 2.0 LNF engine. I upgraded the turbo with a Borg Warner 6758 and brought it from 225WHP to 380WHP and 390WTQ
Which engine did your slingshot have?
That garage and the view looks great.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
8 Posts
You guys are making me jealous. I have a half basketball court at the top of my driveway. I could turn that into a nice detached car garage. I love those lifts.
I still have 2 kidneys. Think one of them could bank roll a detached garage? LOL

@Elwarpo, your contractor knocked that out of the park. It seriously looks like you bought the house like that.
Got anymore pics of the inside? I was also shocked about how green your neighborhood is.

@Saddle Tramp I'm also a go fast guy. Did my own tuning with HP tuners on my last vehicle. It was a Saturn Sky with a 2.0 LNF engine. I upgraded the turbo with a Borg Warner 6758 and brought it from 225WHP to 380WHP and 390WTQ
Which engine did your slingshot have?
That garage and the view looks great.
@elff It was the 2.4 echotech but we had to switch from the LE9 that came stock and use the LAS sand cast block had to sacrifice a few LE9 to figure it all out. I forget what size turbo we ended with but it was the Borg Warner and a Haltech 1500 ECU. That thing was tons of fun to drive and would have been a blast in the mountain twisties, but with 3.5" clearance and all that HP to only 1 rear wheel it was not a hill climber. I am looking forward to building the Rubicon. It is my first jeep and my first diesel so I have a lot of learning to do.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
@Saddle Tramp looks good, When I lived in NC (Greensboro area but countryside) I also has a garage on a hill, decided to put a walk out workshop under the garage, worked out great and made putting in the foundation easier.

@elff Blue likes a garage... And yes, tall and have hair...

Have not put the lift in yet, still looking for one.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Some more pictures on how they tied the new garage in. Even matched the bricks since the same ones were still in production.

Attachments

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
And yes that is a cactus in a guiness keg...

Attachments

·
3,759 Posts
What are the specs?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wedgcor Building, 50x60=3,000sf, 16' tall at the crown...buddy of mine took a tour, found it a bit small, so did a 4000sf building...there is never enough room no matter how big the thing is. Collection of stuff expands to fill the space. Bend Pak 10,500lb lift...woodworking area with jointer, planer, table saw, metal fabrication area with tig and mig welding, iron worker, 50 ton press...lathe, milling machine...powder coating oven and other assorted tools (air compressor with shop wide air system, band saw, drill press,radial arm saw, etc) and such. Never enough time...buddy of mine said, "you can do anything you want, but not everything."

·
Administrator
11,473 Posts
Sounds like my shop. Two post 10.5K lift, MIG/TIG/Plasma, woodworking stuff, Onida dust collection, metal lathe, vertical mill, etc., etc. No more room for toys 😢 .

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I agree, My 1000 sq foot garage is too small, besides the Jeeps, I also do wood working and metal working.

Nice setup up RubinusConus, dis you insulate it and add HVAC?

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
The winter getting colder is why I moved from Michigan to Texas 2 years ago

41 - 57 of 57 Posts