Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Not sure if I'm posting in the right topic area. I'm an Ex-XJ owner looking to get into a TJ rubicon sometime this year. Posted up in the intro section and already got a bunch of good info.

I'd like to find some owners that may be within a 4 hour drive of CT that would be nice enough to let me ride with them on a wheeling trip. I can offer to meet at any off road park in a reasonable distance and I'd cover your park entry fee and gas $$ that day as a thank you. I'm just looking to learn as much as I can before I'm behind the wheel of my own. Let me know if anyone has any open passenger seats for upcoming trips in the northeast areas!

Thanks!
-Chris-

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,967 Posts
Wish I was closer, I would take you out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll bump this thread once spring hits. Hoping maybe most people are just holding off on any wheeling trips until the snow melts a bit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: looking for local jeepers to go mild wheeling with

Alrighty. Clearly this didn't work out because now I have my own. So how about I update to just a search for anyone in the northeast that can show me the ropes on some beginner trails once the snow melts? (Or if duratracs and a very basic OME lift can get by on snowy trails lets go before it melts?).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, indeed. I miss the XJ days so now that I have a fun capable Rubicon it's time to get back out there. I found a few local clubs but one seems a bit too modded as they "require a minimum 32" tire and locker is heavily recommended". Looking into the other two. Anyone know any local clubs in the northeast (CT area)?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Found a few. Going to try to go over the new to me rig as best I can before spring and then hit some melted snow muddy trails hopefully with some other beginners and a good leader. Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts