Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

What is the general consensus on Intake systems.

As a guy that cant leave things alone, and always trying to squeeze a few extra ft. lbs of torque out a grape, I am thinking of:

AEM Air intake

or

Airaid Air Intake

for my 2004 rubi 4.0l.

Oh yeah, and what about the Rubicon Throttle body.

Those similar mods on anything seem to work really well.

Appreciate all input.

Drew

Capt. - USMC

·
Registered
628 Posts
I just went with a replacement K & N in the factory air box. I found the cone filter set up worked well on my old Cherokee on road but there is just too much mud and water up here for a cone filter set-up.

Adam

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went with the AEM and it came with the TB. You may have to trim the end of the intake since the TB may push the tube up to where it just touches the hood.

Bill

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Intakes

I just threw on an AEM. I am very pleased with the response. I do feel extra added horsepower, and torque. One of the best intakes out there for the money.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Intakes

03MDRubi said:
I just threw on an AEM. I am very pleased with the response. I do feel extra added horsepower, and torque. One of the best intakes out there for the money.
The pics I have seen of the AEM for the 4.0 jeep show that it comes with its own TB spacer. Did yours? Aem has been doing cold air intakes for a long time, and really seem to spend the extra time making sure the fit is perfect and the power is optimized.

Btw- Where did you buy it, if you don't mind me asking?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
intake

Yes the AEM did come with it's own TB. It took me 45mins to install, everything fit perfectly. It was well worth the money. Power, performance, fit, and finish. I would recommend one to any Jeep owner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts