Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished the install of my 1" body lift and 1" MORE Motor Mount Lift-Rubber Torsion Style.

I had it on the road today and noticed an increased engine vibration. Just wanted to make sure this was normal.

I got the rubber insulated motor mounts to prevent this but they still don't have as much rubber as the stock mount. It's almost like riding a harely. It's really not as bad as a harley but it is noticible especially in the review mirrors. Other than shaking the mirrors at idle I kinda like it, but just wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong. It is definitely engine vib and not the drive train. It smoothes out as the RPM increase.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
That is a common problem with doing a complete change of the MM. This is the reason most people use a spacer to do this mod. It seems that there is really not a company that can produce the same quality of vibe supression that come stock.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Make once you get the new motor mounts in that you loosen up the bolts on the t-case mount at the crossmember to take off any pre-load on the engine mounts ( and then retorque them ). Usually with a 1" lift you don't have to worry about the linkages getting messed up, but keep an eye on it.

Also with the engine tilted a little bit you will have a few more vibes becuase of the tilt on the motor mounts.

·
Registered
188 Posts
In the onse that I have done, you have to be sure that the MM is not hitting as Mud said, I did a couple MORE MM lifts, and the 4.0 engine hits the block mount. After you trim that all up, I found that the MORE Bomb MM do make a bit more of vibs, but that wll greatly decrease in about 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, it either does go away or you just get used to it and forget... :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the clearance... it's a little close on the passenger side. Got about 1/4 " of clearance. I wasn't doing anything tonight so I just went and loosened up the mounts again and trimmed where the mount attaches to the frame just in case. The vibes seem to be dissapating either that or like you said I'm getting used to it.

Either way it's not that big of deal. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with it.

Thanks for your replies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts