Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am contemplating moving from my 2door TJ to a 4door JK.

I am eyeballing one that has a tereflex spring spacer lift, I'd say 2 to 2 1/2 inch lift, with shock extenders.

How can I tell what kind of lift this rig has? I am especially concerned as to how this lift will off road/articulate, strength/reliability, will the coil have a propensity to pop out at full flex?

The Jeep also has stock gears. What should I consider in a gear upgrade... thinking of 5:13's ??? Ratio and brand recommendations?

I have seen the need for front axle sleeves, can anyone recommend a strong durable product? Where is the best value for these?

Looking for a good package of skid plates, and maybe bumpers. I prefer simple bumpers, no whinch, no lights, but prefer clevis attachments and full track width.

Lastly, local laws dictate I will need about 2" wider flares all round. Is there a product that provides the extra coverage without the "bolts showing" look of the bushwackers? I like a clean simple look for flares, I want them to give the coverage, but look as stock as possible.

I appeciate any info/advice shared. (links?)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Pics?

Theres nothing wrong with a Tera Flex BB unless you add a winch and bumper then you have serious rake. I would not buy based on a lift alone as these lifts are really cheap to install. I would recommend the 2 1/2" coil kit as it keeps the Jeep level.

Jason

1 - 2 of 2 Posts