Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey the old girl cleans up nice! I should wash mine once in a while. How many miles do you have on it now?
It has 26,400 on it now. It might get to 27K by the end of the year, maybe.
I had planned on cleaning the interior a bit, but ended up riding 66 miles this morning. It was pretty nice, very little traffic, but there were still 3 animals driving irresponsibly. One nearly caused a head on collision with another vehicle, another ran a stop sign, but stopped when it pulled it's head out of it's butt. The third was speeding excessively along the Bay.
At the old base American airlines is using a runway for a parking lot, there were 10 heavies parked. Delta has some parked as well but I did not see them.

·
Registered
439 Posts
No wonder it looks so fantastic, that thing is dying to get on the trail! :p
66 miles is pretty amazing. I think I probably hiked about 15 to 20 yesterday. I was moving along at a pretty good clip for most of the day. It's a wildlife refuge so no shooting, however I still loaded my pack the same, and had my rifle and sidearm the entire day. I didn't want to slack on weight and start getting soft.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OMG is that tire shine also... My jeep is so jealous.

Ron
LOL, No, I've not done anything to the tires yet, just the power washer.
I'm not sure I have any tire shine. I do need to wash the top again. It has a yellow stripe (pollen) down the center. I guess I did not power wash long enough. I will condition the top after washing.

No wonder it looks so fantastic, that thing is dying to get on the trail! :p
66 miles is pretty amazing. I think I probably hiked about 15 to 20 yesterday. I was moving along at a pretty good clip for most of the day. It's a wildlife refuge so no shooting, however I still loaded my pack the same, and had my rifle and sidearm the entire day. I didn't want to slack on weight and start getting soft.
15-20 miles hiking is amazing to me. I have a difficult time walking distances with my issues.
I'm going to piddle with the Jeep some more tomorrow, at least that's the plan. LOL

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Jeep was crying. It started when I cleaned the windows inside and out, applied RainX and defog on the inside, then vacuumed most of the dirt up.
The poor thing thought it was being sold. I did reassure the Jeep it was not going anywhere, then put a for sale sign on it. Nah, I wouldn't do that to my emotional Jeep.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts