Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dogs chewed up several things on my 05 Rubi Sahara.
I have most of the wires fixed, but I have two wires with plugs on the end. I can't find the other end, one wire is black, the other white with a tan or brown stripe.
Also on the rear diff there is a hose barb on top. I'm assuming this is where the air locker hose goes. There is also a two wire connector near this barb as well. I have no idea what it is for.
To further my issues I can't find my manual, and this is why I need help.
Thanks
Oh the two wires with plugs on the end are near the right rear area.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I figured out the two wires, black, and white with tan stripe. They are for the third brake light but I cannot get my arm far enough in the hole to see if the other end of the wires are there, and I don't feel like tearing the Jeep apart to try and get to them. As for the vapor cannister hose, I am not quite sure what to do with it.
The plug and hose barb on the rear end I have not researched yet, so if someone knows please tell me.
I am running on fumes and in pain so my interest is dwindling, but I need to fix this Jeep.
It's my only means of transport.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hose barb would be for the air locker line. The 2 wire connector is for the locker light.
Thanks, I did not bother with the lockers.

I did get all the other wiring and hoses repaired after screwing with it for 9 hours.
I will be in poor shape tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While changing the plugs today, I saw a pile of eaten acorns on the intake. Either a rat or squirrel has been making its home on the intake. I'm guessing this is why my pack of dogs tore my wires and hoses to pieces.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
All of a sudden all the squirrels on our property are gone. There must be a new, as yet unseen, predator in the area. OR, they have left for your Jeep condo. If you catch them, don’t send them back.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you get everything patched up? I can take pics of anything you need on mine, it's an 05 as well.
Yes, nine hours on the ground on my back. I have not repaired the front and rear locker wires and hoses yet, they may not get fixed, I don't need them in the driveway or Walmart. I put an electric fence around the Jeep, the pups give the Jeep a wide berth now. As for the squirrel or rat eating acorns and split loom on the intake, I wedged a green block on the intake for it to eat. I don't like using them because of the possibility of the dogs eating the dead animal. So far All I ever find are clobbered up rats and moles. They won't eat them, chickens on the other hand are completely eaten. They are protected by an electric fence as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts