Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dogs chewed up several things on my 05 Rubi Sahara.
I have most of the wires fixed, but I have two wires with plugs on the end. I can't find the other end, one wire is black, the other white with a tan or brown stripe.
Also on the rear diff there is a hose barb on top. I'm assuming this is where the air locker hose goes. There is also a two wire connector near this barb as well. I have no idea what it is for.
To further my issues I can't find my manual, and this is why I need help.
Thanks
Oh the two wires with plugs on the end are near the right rear area.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I figured out the two wires, black, and white with tan stripe. They are for the third brake light but I cannot get my arm far enough in the hole to see if the other end of the wires are there, and I don't feel like tearing the Jeep apart to try and get to them. As for the vapor cannister hose, I am not quite sure what to do with it.
The plug and hose barb on the rear end I have not researched yet, so if someone knows please tell me.
I am running on fumes and in pain so my interest is dwindling, but I need to fix this Jeep.
It's my only means of transport.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hose barb would be for the air locker line. The 2 wire connector is for the locker light.
Thanks, I did not bother with the lockers.

I did get all the other wiring and hoses repaired after screwing with it for 9 hours.
I will be in poor shape tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While changing the plugs today, I saw a pile of eaten acorns on the intake. Either a rat or squirrel has been making its home on the intake. I'm guessing this is why my pack of dogs tore my wires and hoses to pieces.

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
All of a sudden all the squirrels on our property are gone. There must be a new, as yet unseen, predator in the area. OR, they have left for your Jeep condo. If you catch them, don’t send them back.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you get everything patched up? I can take pics of anything you need on mine, it's an 05 as well.
Yes, nine hours on the ground on my back. I have not repaired the front and rear locker wires and hoses yet, they may not get fixed, I don't need them in the driveway or Walmart. I put an electric fence around the Jeep, the pups give the Jeep a wide berth now. As for the squirrel or rat eating acorns and split loom on the intake, I wedged a green block on the intake for it to eat. I don't like using them because of the possibility of the dogs eating the dead animal. So far All I ever find are clobbered up rats and moles. They won't eat them, chickens on the other hand are completely eaten. They are protected by an electric fence as well.

·
Registered
429 Posts
LOL you're killing me, you have to get that Jeep out before it goes rogue and takes itself out wheeling!! We have these little ground squirrel things around here, but luckily they don't seem to be too interested in the Jeep. I always pop them with the 22 if I see them near the house.
If you get to wiring things back up and you need any pictures let me know, I am happy to help.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL you're killing me, you have to get that Jeep out before it goes rogue and takes itself out wheeling!! We have these little ground squirrel things around here, but luckily they don't seem to be too interested in the Jeep. I always pop them with the 22 if I see them near the house.
If you get to wiring things back up and you need any pictures let me know, I am happy to help.
Thanks man, I did use the Jeep today. I was riding home from a 65 mile ride and stopped and talked to some people. They got their truck buried in their front yard. I rode home, got the Jeep and winched them out. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts