Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I’ll pull the lower part and try to integrate the same tubular stock. I lucked out having that tubular scrap in my garage and it being of perfect dimensions. In my mind, the upper part was going to make or break my direction so I’m good to go forward.

Thanks for the encouragement. I’m glad it’s not one of those Jeep headache things and just purely interesting.

·
Super Moderator
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have theft issues where you live?
They tried to steal my Jeep from the mall once, but the Sentry key foiled them. They busted a Rubicon chop shop near here in those days. I live in a quiet neighborhood fortunately.

I had to move to that style of latch because my AEV hood angle was cutting the rubber tendon of the normal style hood latches. Go figure, the issue only seemed to be mine and I just couldn’t figure out why.

Did you have a suggestion? Sounds like you were thinking something.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I can’t explain my issue. Now that I think about it, I probably could have shimmed them, but I’ve grown to like pins. And now even more being that they’re personalized.

I made the bottom yesterday and the other set today. They still need some busy work. I’m probably going to Duracote them.

·
Registered
774 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts