Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a ton of parts in the last couple weeks for the ruby and this weekend a friend and I are going to do an all weekend build.

Here is all the parts that I have.

Jeeperman rear bumper/carrier
Warn diff guards F/R
JKS 1.25" BL
JKS 1" MML
RE 2" BB
Kilby Gas tank skid
Medic belly up (should arrive this week)
Skidrow oil pan skid
Sky Jacker Xcase shifter bracket
Kilby steering box skid
OYR corner guards
Olympic door sill protectors

This will be done in my driveway, hand tools only, two guys with experience wrenching on a variety of vehicles.

Do you think we can do it all in two days?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Should be able to get that done in a day no prob.. My advice is not all of you do one job assign jobs and go from there.. Make sure your help and you feel comfortable woth what they are doing.... AND HAVE FUN DOING IT!!!!! 8)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My advise is to dedicate one person to the OYR corners and start them first. They can be a real pain to do. Take a look at my site for a write up. The rest of the stuff should be an easy thing to do. You can get this done in one weekend. Lots of it is really fast.

Ron

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would say you could get all of that done but I would one bank on getting 2 or 3 of them done for sure. For some reason I can never get doine even half the stuff I want to do. My advice would be to start with your highest priority stuff first. For me it would be body lift, motor mount lift, medic skid and engine skid. If you get all that done, you can still go wheeling next weekend.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If we don't run into any problems (yeah right :D ) I think we can do it also.

I might also start to strip it down on friday night.

·
Registered
340 Posts
What is the price of the Medic skid? Never seen it posted.....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will be very interesting to see how the Medic integrates into the Skid Row.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would email medic but I think the skidplate is 275 plus shipping.

I got it today, all 90lbs of skidplate and packaging.

·
Registered
147 Posts
LOL how about a trick answer to the trick question? I would say 2 days but also depends on how many times you bust your knuckles and how many times ya get pissed therefore how many beers\drinks ya gotta take.

Sorry I had to put my 3 cents worth in..

Happy building and I hope you take your time, I'm a rushaholic sometimes and i hate havin a couple nuts\bolts left over but then i know I did it right if I have them left over. :roll:

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
hold off on the beer drinking...till the job is done.. :wink:

if you have an air comp. and air drill,impact gun..ect.
will save a few bruised knuckles..

luv the sound of an air impact in the morning :D

PICS!! remember we wane see PICS!
:wink:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Take your time doing this stuff. You should be able to do it in 2 days if you start fairly early. You don't want to rush this as it is more of a PITA to have to go back and do things twice...

And like Mac said...AIR TOOLS AND # 1 .......PIX

Sean

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Weekend was a total bust.

My friend fried the motor in his 280Z driving down to my house. The oil started to leak out some how while on the freeway and since his oil gauge isn't hooked up he didn't notice it when he lost pressure. It ran dry and seized up on the freeway. He got it to start the next day and had several knocking rods. He gave it a little gas and threw a rod and that is that. The engine is toast. So needless to say he couldn't make it.

I ended up going climbing, perfect day for it too, but did work on the jeep a little bit sunday.

Installed the front diff skid, steering box skid and cruise control.

Just some easy stuff.

We are shooting for this weekend to try it again.

I also bought a keyless entry system and a power window kit just for fun. So add that to the list.

You can read some install articles here

http://www.4wdlinks.com/harryworld/

·
Registered
333 Posts
That sux but at the same time its ok.. Rock climbing is good for the soul and the fingures ;) Always remember climb high, climb safe, and only take a chance when ya know your last set protection was the best ya ever have done, or there is some really hot chick climbing with you :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts