Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can tell I'm in for a ton of FUN! I count nine contact points - am I missing any? I plan on installing the Daystar 1' BL and the M.O.R.E. Bombproof 1" MML instead of going with the MML spacer.

·
Registered
384 Posts
11 body contact points, don't forget the 2 by the rear shocks....Jerry

·
Registered
478 Posts
11 is correct, I'm in the process of putting my body lift in right now. What a pain in the a$$. I'm sure I will feel it was all worth it after its all said and done.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Actually, 13. There are 2 little bumpers that contact the frame under each side of the grill. I have seen tons of people not bother with them (including me) but I think they do actually serve a purpose so they should be dealt with. One of these days I am going to put a spacer in.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I stand corrected, there are 11 body mounts and two body contact points. One on either side of the grille.

·
Registered
843 Posts
AGree

Eleven and the two above the rear shocks are always the toughest to find first time. Good luck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Contact points for 1" BL

Is it best to go ahead and drop the gas tank skid and tank to access the two at the rear shocks? Side note: Stinking labor from a local 4x4 shop wanted $450.00 tio install BL and MML - give me a break - I have to borrow the tools but dang if i'm paying that.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I didn't need to drop the tank. There is enough room to even get a big torque wrench up there so your local shop is trying to f&ck you in the a$$.

·
Registered
478 Posts
you don't have to move the fuel tank, when you lift the body you can reach in with you hand to insert the body spacers. Ensure the body is supported properly so your hand dosen't get caught in there.

G

·
0 Posts
Hmm, that does seem a little high there to me. $480

Took me about 9 hours with a long lunch break for a 1" body lift and 2" Coil Spacers, including new shocks, ect... So at $50 per hour, I guess it may not be so far off base.

My new suspension is going to be here this week, as I just got the tracking number of the 4 boxes from RE. The highly recomended pro thats supposed to help me wants $50 per hour, but I really am not sure what it is going to cost, as I want to do most of the wrenching with mostly just his guidence, although I will let him do the track bars adj, the pinion stuff with the CA's and all that, and make measurments and get the custom DS made. He has a welder, so I am still try'n to decide if I want to use the RE Rear Shock relocation brackets or get the bolt in Teraflex ones.

Wish me luck, I'll need it. lol

G

·
0 Posts
Man I've been charging entirely to little for all my labor, heck wonder what I should have charged for feeding also. Hmmmm.. Lets see 5 days for one lift including food, 6 hours on another including food, 5 hours on another including food.... Dang, I'm poor. Then again Thanks for the nice set of craftsman lights Stevo, so were more than even.

Ron

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
WrathOfRubicon said:
Hmm, that does seem a little high there to me. $480

Took me about 9 hours with a long lunch break for a 1" body lift and 2" Coil Spacers, including new shocks, ect... So at $50 per hour, I guess it may not be so far off base.

My new suspension is going to be here this week, as I just got the tracking number of the 4 boxes from RE. The highly recomended pro thats supposed to help me wants $50 per hour, but I really am not sure what it is going to cost, as I want to do most of the wrenching with mostly just his guidence, although I will let him do the track bars adj, the pinion stuff with the CA's and all that, and make measurments and get the custom DS made. He has a welder, so I am still try'n to decide if I want to use the RE Rear Shock relocation brackets or get the bolt in Teraflex ones.

Wish me luck, I'll need it. lol
get the Teraflex ones!!!!!!
:wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts