• quiet like mouse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RE kit is really quite loud. I have a short arm kit but I know the long arm kits have johnny joints as well so spill it. and yes! I grease my joints!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
do you play in the water a lot?...That will cause some noise no matter how much grease you use.

Sean

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Lift is quiet..
had a spring that had to be rotated it was rubbing on the bump stop..
fixed that in a few mins..tis all good now.

:wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Mines been on the street for 2 days, only noise is the exhaust that rattles against the rear shock ever so often.

Ron

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you play in the water a lot?...That will cause some noise no matter how much grease you use.[quote:2cb2uf8g]

Good call - I haven't done any water crossings yet. I grease these suckers about every 2 weeks and the Johnny joints just squeak. I just turn up the stereo now. no big deal - great stereo! :wink:
[/quote:2cb2uf8g]

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
LILRDJP said:
elff said:
a little bit
but I call it character!!
:lolbonk:
Owww
quit it
Owww
quit it
Owww
quit it
Owww
quit it
Owww
quit it
Owww
quit it
Owww
quit it
Owww
quit it
Owww
quit it
Owww
quit it
Owww
quit it

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the 4.5 and it squeaks like an old truck.As I was looking at your posts it seems those of you with the 3.5 don't have any problems.I wanted the 3.5,but RE was out for two weeks so I got talked into the 4.5
I may still go and get 3.5 springs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think that it's the springs - mostly my noise is from the Johnny joints in the control arms

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is there anything I can do to get rid of all this noise? It's driving me crazy! :mad:
ON another subject,I get a pulsating like vibe at around 43mph.Is this going to go away when I get my TW CV tomorrow or is there something else I need to do?

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Someone on the JU Wrangler [non Rubi Forum] suggested replacing the bolts that hold the control arms with different ones and another person concurred with that.

Unfortunatley, I have not been able to re-find that link to get the type of bolt they suggested

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
krubi said:
Is there anything I can do to get rid of all this noise? It's driving me crazy! :mad:
ON another subject,I get a pulsating like vibe at around 43mph.Is this going to go away when I get my TW CV tomorrow or is there something else I need to do?
The CV DS will help with that vibe.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
krubi said:
I have the 4.5 and it squeaks like an old truck.As I was looking at your posts it seems those of you with the 3.5 don't have any problems.I wanted the 3.5,but RE was out for two weeks so I got talked into the 4.5
I may still go and get 3.5 springs.
Did you grease all the CA after you installed them?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I greased them untill I saw grease coming out of the joints.If you find out about the differant bolts let me know please.Also how much of this vibe will the TW CV get rid of?Will I be able to go highway speeds to N.C. from sunny Fl.?

G

·
0 Posts
vibes

my has a vibe that comes and goes at diff speeds, for over 7k miles now, id finally add 1mm about 3k ago, you goin to tellico?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The squeaks,could they be the springs agianst the bottom base they sit on?I mean at the tops you have a little rubber piece,but nothing on the bottom.Why would you have the rubber pieces on top ,but nothing on the bottom?It seems to me that they could move just a fraction and be causing the noise.

ANy feed back is always appreciated.

P.S. A little off topic,but my rear end is off center while I await the rear adj. track bar.Could this be binding things up and causing the vibes and possibly some of the noise?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts