Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several threads lately talking about problems with bushings. How long should I expect to have my bushings..before I will replace 'em?

I was looking at the RE 4.5" SF w/ 3.5" coils subbed in...

I also have priced the BDS 3" kit...

Ideas? I have seen some posts w/ 8000 miles.. that isn't going to cut it! :)

Thanks!!

:idea:

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Mine seemed to last longer than 16000 miles, and they still had a some life left in em. Oh, and I wheeled the heck out of em. Brian

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm only at 3K miles with em, but nothing looks worn or out of place, but then again, unless I see someting, I am not going to take them out for inspection thats for sure... lol I'm at about 8 difficult rated trails with em.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
....bushings

Well, sounds good so far. Honestly, I'm sure I'll be dropping a long arm kit on before the bushings wear out on the SA, ... but it is nice to know they will last.

:)

Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bushings that I had go bad from RE were from a bad batch that they got. The rubber was not vulcanized to the outter sleeve. The new bushings are from a different manufacturer and look very similar to stock ones.

Ron

·
Registered
382 Posts
RE LA 5.5 bushing probs ...

I had to just replace the front upper bushings where they tie into the lower CA. $6.50 ea. rears must be going too, after this past weekend I'm getting rear axle wrap. also zerks keep breaking off the rear lowers near the skid. I've had it since March and have just over 11k mi. on them. :?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts