Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to this forum so hopefully I’m putting this in the right category. The 4 wheel drive sensor in my 06 rubicon is not working so my lockers won’t engage. Is there a way to bypass the sensor so I can use the axle lockers without it while maintaining the oem locker switch

·
1,646 Posts
Welcome to ROF! Yes, you asked in the right spot.

I’ve replaced that switch on my 04. My lockers were working, but the locker indicator lights were misguiding me. I had to put my Jeep on jacks to see what was really going on. Are you sure the actual lockers aren’t engaging?

Next point, I remember the switch as only having a plug with a couple of wires coming out of it. I have no idea what would happen if you messed with those wires. Honestly, I think it’s easier to replace the switch than bypass it. When I did mine, I loosened up the body/frame bolts. I may have removed the driver’s (switch) side. I can’t remember. Then I jacked that side up for room to work. Unplugged it. Unscrewed it. Replaced and so fort. I remember the part not being that expensive.

Reactions: Mouse

·
Administrator
11,061 Posts
Hi and welcome. Download the factory service manual and look at the wiring. The PCM controls everything based on sensor inputs, if your sensor (switch) is bad I would replace it.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,083 Posts
There is also the option of doing the locker switch bypass, so you can use the lockers in any TC position. Search on ROF and you will find detailed instructions.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you do not want to mess with what Jeep sold you.
Pretty simple to replace the switch. Buy the new one from Jeep and get the deep socket that fits and use a short handle ratchet to R&R.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts