Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't exactly sure where to put this and if the mods feel it necessary please move it to the appropriate section. A while back I was using my Currie deflator to air down and thought to myself that there must be a better way. I looked at the different options and came up with something that is similar to the 2 way air setup but isn't tied into the on board air and doesn't require mounting. I wanted it to be able to use it not only on my own vehicle but have the option to deploy it to my wheeling buddies rigs ( mostly TL, LJ and XJ wheel bases) just in case their options failed or where left at home.

All of the parts can be found on Amazon for around $100-150 depending on the style of air chucks you use. It definitely is not the cheapest option but those looking to deflate and fill all four tires simultaneously and at equal pressure will be able to do so. It has been set up to use both a shop air source or a small battery operated air pump.

I used a four way brass npt junction block, added a ball valve and pressure gauge able to read pressure down to 3psi, then used rotating barb fittings that extend out from the side to the front tires where a barbed tee fitting is used to extend to both the front tires and rear tires. I drilled and tapped a valve to the center of the t to allow most standard chucks to be used.

I will post some numbers about how long it takes to inflate and deflate my 36" TSLs using a Smittybuilt pump if you want but for now here it is.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,112 Posts
Good job !!

I've seen kits that do the same thing that cost $$$$

I,m also,curious on air up and down times
What size compressor?

:wink2:

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Nice.
I've been planning something similar, but more permanent. A loop of 3/8" line ran along the frame rails with QD's on all four corners. Use four short(ish) lengths of line to connect each tire to the QD's. Plumb in a gauge and QD as a dump valve/compressor attachment.

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
Nice work, curious as to the time as well.

I started doing something similar a few years back. Then decided storage of it was not worth the space in the jeep.

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
OP.. I like it. I thought about the same thing several years ago but never did it.... would work even for monthly checks of the wife's SUV etc.

Nice.
I've been planning something similar, but more permanent. A loop of 3/8" line ran along the frame rails with QD's on all four corners. Use four short(ish) lengths of line to connect each tire to the QD's. Plumb in a gauge and QD as a dump valve/compressor attachment.
I have an idea now.
...plumb dippert's idea right to my ARB mounted compressor. But then you loose that ability to air others in the same manner. Pros/Cons....

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
I have an idea now.
...plumb dippert's idea right to my ARB mounted compressor.
I've been debating on upgrading my old ARB pump. Can't decide if I should canibalize my Puma compressor to fit under the brake booster, or go with one (or the twin pack) of those higher performance ARB pumps. The $600 question.
But then you loose that ability to air others in the same manner. Pros/Cons....
Or, you can air up 1 tire on 4 different rigs simultaneously.

·
Administrator
10,765 Posts
I've been debating on upgrading my old ARB pump. Can't decide if I should canibalize my Puma compressor to fit under the brake booster, or go with one (or the twin pack) of those higher performance ARB pumps. The $600 question.

Or, you can air up 1 tire on 4 different rigs simultaneously.
I have the dual pump ARB and it's a dandy and lives a quiet and happy life behind the passenger seat on the floor. The only worthy upgrade over the dual pumper for me would be the giant and expensive Oasis (unless you went engine driven.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts