Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 48" hi-lift that needs some love. Does anyone know of a rebuild kit to get one operating smoothly again. (Springs, etc)?

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
They make a rebuild kit for all of their jacks except the very old ones that had wooden handles. We had a member that was active when I joined the forum named Hi-Lift. I bought a kit from tractor supply.

Greg beat me to it. :rotflmao:

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect! Thanks, all.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally got around to rebuilding/painting the hi-lift. Works great now!

Stripped down (mostly). It looks better than it was. It took a lot of wire wheeling and mineral spirits to get it in shape.

Drove the pins out and had to take a pic of the assembly. I knew I'd forget how it went back together.

My wife was not pleased with her new wind chimes.

Complete!

Test fitting on the bumper

I used to just toss my 60" Hi-Lift in the back of my Bronco without thinking about it. The Jeep...well, a 48" Hi-Lift takes work to get into place.

On a cool note...it turns out that a tab on my Hansen bumper that has baffled me for years turns out to be a bottle opener. Neat!

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
While I have used my Hi Lift a multitude of times, I will be ditching it and replacing it with the new ARB aluminum jack. I had a chance to play with one this weekend at the Northridge Colorado open house. They are expected to be available in August. I am definitely sold. https://youtu.be/oAvDhoLExaE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts