Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
10,919 Posts
Ok, how do you enter comments above each pic?
You have to insert the image tag (the little box with a mountain icon right above the text entry box) with the link to the picture. If memory serves me right I think you can left click (or was it right click) on the uploaded image to get the address to use for the image tag.

This bulletin board software isn't the most user friendly for using images. :serious:

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have to insert the image tag (the little box with a mountain icon right above the text entry box) with the link to the picture. If memory serves me right I think you can left click (or was it right click) on the uploaded image to get the address to use for the image tag.

This bulletin board software isn't the most user friendly for using images. :serious:
Thank you sir. :type:

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They definitely help and the switch worked out too. LED's are drawing less than 1.5A which is a little lower than I expected.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found it on Ebay- Rocker switch 326 12v REVERSE LIGHTS ON OFF parts for TJ Wrangler XJ Cherokee. Sold by: air_on_board_usa

Reactions: mac

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I picked up some Sahara flares that are factory painted green. I want to repaint them black, probably use Krylon Fusion satin. Do you think sanding with 400 to knock the sheen off and then painting will work?

Reactions: mac

·
Administrator
10,919 Posts
If these flares are plastic, I would knock the sheen off and spray a coat of plastic adhesive promoter before your topcoat. I forgot exactly what it's called but I bought a can at an auto parts store.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks johncanfield. These are factory painted so I am thinking the 400 grit, paint and then Rust-oleum fuel resistant clear coat.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some updates over the last few months... Flares painted and installed, Warn front diff protector, picked up some half doors (white) and rattle canned black along with some new parts and pieces, installed a Skid Row skid plate I bought from a buddy that did a TT, full set of Metalcloak dble adjustable alum. control arms, SpiderTrax wheel spacers, put some ZJ front brake lines on and Yukon chromo shafts all the way around.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,064 Posts
No need for adhesion promoter if painting on paint. 400 grit followed by some steel wool to smooth down grooves. Just read the cans, paints have recut windows such as paint before 6 hours or after 3 days... if you ignore them, adhesion will suffer.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LMAO, I am glad you like my "car modificatiion". :ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
10,919 Posts
I removed his link and sent a nice note that we are not a link farm. I'm leaving his post there as a head's up to others.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts