Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahh yes, another great advantage of the Rubicon, not having to deal with spending money on lockers and axels and being able to do little stuff like this. Ok, I finished the herculiner on the entry points of Rubi and it came out very well. Very simple procedure, the hardest part was getting myself to get some sandpaper and scrape off the clear coat and some of the paint in the entry points. Once I got past that it was good. Here is a summery of the cost..

1 x 1/4 gal of Herculiner......29.00
1x paint brush.....2.00
1 x panters tape...3.00
1x sandpaper....2.50

Its such a simple process, if you have any questions let me know. In a few months I will post an update to let you know how its holding up...seems very strong, rock hard, and I love the way it blends into my black paint.
Pete

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Looks Good......That is also on my project list but first I have to get my BL and Medic Skid on before he comes here and kicks my A$$...Jeep Jamboree is taking up a lot of time too.. 8)

G

·
0 Posts
Looks really good, keep us up to date on the wear. I am thinking about rhino lining mine. I would be interested in how long it lasts and if it peels up.

Ron

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have a buddy with a 97 that was Rhino lined and it is standing up great. He doesn't even use floormats and it doesn't even show wear. Excellent product. I am definitely going to do it.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
looks great..
now i have to find a white Herculiner product.
:wink:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
4x4mac said:
looks great..
I don't know if you are joking Mac but I believe that you can order any colour of Herculiner... Check out there website. I am not 100% sure but I know that the colored product does exist.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
LILRDJP said:
4x4mac said:
looks great..
I don't know if you are joking Mac but I believe that you can order any colour of Herculiner... Check out there website. I am not 100% sure but I know that the colored product does exist.
checked thie web site....
Q: What colors are available?
A: Black, Gray & Red

i have a white jeep.
:roll:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
4x4mac said:
LILRDJP said:
4x4mac said:
looks great..

i have a white jeep.
Hmmmmmmm......That sucks... I wonder if they would make a custom colored can for you.....$$ will buy anything but is it worth is...

Do the red...HEHEHEHEHE

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just to let you know, I used Herculiner on a previous vehicle and it chipped and peeled over time. I really prepped it well too- sanded it with 40 grit and degreased. Rhino kicks butt and is the only way to go. We use it on our work trucks and it holds up very well to abuse. If it wasn't so expensive I would have done it already. Please, Please don't herculiner, trust me.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TOO LATE!!!hahah...thanks for responding..I dont think my door entry ways will get as much beating as a regular truck but if it dose chip away I will just remove it and do rhino...it seems very tough right now..I have a friend who used herculiner ......he has had it on his entire inside of his jeep for months..I will take pics of it this weekend so we can see how well it holds up...
Pete

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
4x4mac said:
LILRDJP said:
4x4mac said:
looks great..

i have a white jeep.
I found a product here in Canada that is call Hippo liner and you can make your own colors. It is about $40 US for the set up.

G

·
0 Posts
I had the tub lined with Line-X.......Have wanted to do this mod since I had my 97. Spendy, but turned out great.....Coated the foot well up under the dash, under the door sills, as well as underneath the edge of the tub above the rear wheel wells. When I went back through to re-install everything the stuff was damn near impossible to cut.....Was trimming excess from around bolt holes. If you do line the tub, make sure you roll up masking tape into ALL holes so that you can find them later.......Stuff is from 1/8 to 3/16 thick.........Gonna have this Jeep for a LONG TIME!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just don't get any Herc on your Hootus....

I think that story needs to surface again... :lol:

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
casexx said:
4x4mac you can get the Durabak product in white for $119 a gallon, here is a link to their site. http://www.nonslipcoating.com/automotive2.htm I had Durabak in my 95 for 4 years and never had any trouble it held up great, and I had the top off the Jeep 6 months out of the year so it saw plenty of sun etc.
thanks!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts