Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Not to be a Debby downer, but because the JT grill is used (for cooling) and FCA's difficulty in getting the Gladiator to stay cool enough to tow/haul, this is probably the reason they won't offer it in the JT (if they don't)
Good point. I read an interesting article on the development of the grille for the additional cooling for the tow/haul testing.
It's quite the testing process they run them through, I'm sure mostly for warranty issues.

But in my defense, I was thinking more the 5.7L Hemi as it would be less strain on the drivetrain and not steal sales from the 392 JK - I read somewhere this was possibly a reason they wouldn't do it.
I also wonder if the 5.7 would be less challenging for cooling.

·
3,564 Posts
The Mopar catalog is updated to include a crate engine for the gladiator. Looks like this might make it to the JT.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
you know its coming to the Gladiator, how can they not go after the Raptor with that platform, yes I know the trx, but that is Ram, not Jeep.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wonder why the HP and torque are a little higher on the crate than the 470/470 of the JL?

Reactions: mac

·
Registered
407 Posts
Wonder why the HP and torque are a little higher on the crate than the 470/470 of the JL?
I had read somewhere that it has to do with the intake and exhaust requirements for the JL.

Not sure what criteria they use when rating the crate engines.
I don't remember if the article mentioned anything about the internals to the engines (cam) being different.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts