Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tommorow is 392 reveal day. Lets see what Jeep has to say.
Limited production run? Cost?

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Screenshot_20201116-185257.jpg

·
3,563 Posts
It will be live axles, but hopefully stronger than a D44. Rumored cost is $9500. Only available in Rubicon trim with a small lift and 37 inch tires.

Reactions: sourdough

·
Registered
217 Posts
Great Mall crawler until you add a Atlas, D60 front and either a 14b or a PR80 in the rear, plus suspension etc.
D44 axles will snap under a Hemi 392 playing on the rocks.

·
3,563 Posts
Info leaking out - D44's are under it (steel knuckles).

quartermile in 13.0 seconds

33 inch tires with a factory 2 inch lift...no 37's from Jeep

·
3,563 Posts
More...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can build a 3.6 rubicon for over 60k usd without a problem. I think this will be around 75k usd 100 k Canadian. There won't be any discounts and from what I have read no base just full load models. Will be fun though.

nd

·
1,645 Posts
I once wanted an authentic 18’ tipi. I was given a 20’ tipi. I was even given a truck to haul it. The only thing I bought was ladder racks for $250. I spent a week in the Sequoias in it. I learned sometimes what I want really isn’t the best. I ended up donating the tipi to avoid the tail wagging the dog. I’d be wagged by that Jeep in every way.😀

·
Administrator
11,060 Posts
13 seconds in a 1/4 mile is pretty darn fast for that Jeep! My wife's 2020 Aviator (Lincoln version of the new Ford explorer) has a 3.0L twin turbo putting out 400hp at 415 pound feet - it's a rocket.

·
10,128 Posts
Wife convinced me to save my JK for my son's vehicle in 2 1/2 years, hope they are still around then. I'm getting one as a consolation prize..

Ron

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here's the FCA press release with full details including standard equipment. This will be one decked out Rubi...

FCA US Media - 4x4x470! New 2021 Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon 392 Combines Legendary 4x4 Capability With 470-horsepower V-8 Engine for the Most Capable Wrangler Yet

The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 is available in nine exterior colors: Black, Bright White, Firecracker Red, Granite Crystal Metallic, Punk ’n Metallic, Sarge Green Metallic, Snazzberry Metallic, Sting-Gray Metallic and Billet Silver Metallic, all with a black interior.

The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 includes 11 premium features, normally options on Jeep Wrangler:
  • Leather interior
  • Infotainment Group
  • HD electrical switch bank
  • Body-color hard top
  • Body-color flares
  • Steel Bumper Group
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Remote proximity entry
  • Safety Group
  • Advanced Safety Group

Reactions: FLLJ

·
Registered
407 Posts
Here's the FCA press release with full details including standard equipment. This will be one decked out Rubi...

FCA US Media - 4x4x470! New 2021 Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon 392 Combines Legendary 4x4 Capability With 470-horsepower V-8 Engine for the Most Capable Wrangler Yet

The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 is available in nine exterior colors: Black, Bright White, Firecracker Red, Granite Crystal Metallic, Punk ’n Metallic, Sarge Green Metallic, Snazzberry Metallic, Sting-Gray Metallic and Billet Silver Metallic, all with a black interior.

The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 includes 11 premium features, normally options on Jeep Wrangler:
  • Leather interior
  • Infotainment Group
  • HD electrical switch bank
  • Body-color hard top
  • Body-color flares
  • Steel Bumper Group
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Remote proximity entry
  • Safety Group
  • Advanced Safety Group
IMHO...
There is no way a Hemi won't be offered in the Gladiator Mojave if this sells as well as I expect it to.
I believe some of the changes done to the 392 JLUR were already done for upgrading the JT to the Mojave.
A case in point, the 392 uses the JT grille :sneaky:

·
3,563 Posts
Not to be a Debby downer, but because the JT grill is used (for cooling) and FCA's difficulty in getting the Gladiator to stay cool enough to tow/haul, this is probably the reason they won't offer it in the JT (if they don't)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I talked to by friends at the local Jeep dealer, they will be taking orders Dec1.
That said..it's setup for street not offroad even then its going to eat axles.

IMO, All wheel drive, D44's and 400+ HP+TQ will will never play together off road for very long.
Add 33's and its just a mall cruiser.

All the extra weight from that iron block is a killer, they should have developed a Al block from the outset.

Plan on $70k then add $25k for a atlas, 60/80-14b plus a mild suspension, driveshafts and wheels tires.

Get it ready to live long and safely long term on Fordice, Rubicon, Pritchett etc...add more $

1 - 20 of 27 Posts